11-19-2019

US

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto G5S Plus keeps turning off no matter what the battery level

2019-11-19, 17:48 PM

Hi! I've had my phone for under two years, and a few weeks ago it started shutting off at random moments, like if I were to start watching a Youtube video or if I wanted to listen to a voice message someone sent me. My phone hasn't undergone any water damage/physical damage, so I'm not sure why it started acting up. In these past few days, it won't turn on even though it's fully charged unless it's plugged into an outlet. Even when it's plugged in, the phone will randomly turn off. It's not a problem with my charging cable because I've tried using several, and the problem persists. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks! 

Options

861 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

213 Signins

11868 Page Views

• Views: 11868
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G5S Plus keeps turning off no matter what the battery level

2019-11-20, 6:09 AM

wrote:

Hi! I've had my phone for under two years, and a few weeks ago it started shutting off at random moments, like if I were to start watching a Youtube video or if I wanted to listen to a voice message someone sent me. My phone hasn't undergone any water damage/physical damage, so I'm not sure why it started acting up. In these past few days, it won't turn on even though it's fully charged unless it's plugged into an outlet. Even when it's plugged in, the phone will randomly turn off. It's not a problem with my charging cable because I've tried using several, and the problem persists. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks! 

Hi csun0310,

Thanks for posting and sorry to know about this. Please check your device in Safe Mode and observe for some time, also calibrate your device battery. 

1. Force reboot the device by holding the power button until the device reboots
  2. Plug into the supplied charger
  3. Charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after getting to 100%

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

11-19-2019

US

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-11-20, 13:21 PM

Hi! My device still automatically shuts off no matter the battery level when I'm in safe mode. I also can't calibrate my device battery because my device won't force reboot unless it's already plugged into a charger (the motorola blue screen will appear for a few seconds before the device shuts off again). Is there anything else I can try?

Options

3 Posts

11-19-2019

US

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2019-11-26, 4:01 AM

Hi! This issue still hasn't been resolved, so I was wondering if there's anything else I can try?

Options

49 Posts

12-11-2015

US

100 Signins

1792 Page Views

• Views: 1792
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-11-26, 17:23 PM

Have you tried a new sim card?

Options

7441 Posts

03-05-2018

US

951 Signins

125916 Page Views

• Views: 125916
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-12-02, 21:39 PM

Hi csun0310,

We'd like to further check this. Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your check-in data to see your battery and check what other software causing an issue. Thnaks.

See here for the instruction.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save