06-12-2018

CO

2 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto G5S plus audio suddenly lowering

2018-06-12, 0:22 AM

Hello, long time Moto g user here. I've been using a G5S plus model for the last five months and recently started having audio issues. When I'm playing music through the speakers it suddenly lowers the sound very significantly. The volume bar stays on the same level and if I close the source and play again the volume starts on the normal level but it well then drop as before quite soon. 

I noticed this happening with Spotify only and I thought it was a problem with the app, I followed instructions from their customer support team to no avail. Then I started noticing this was also happening with videos from either YouTube or other source.

So far I haven't noticed this while using headphones, which I find odd. I tried restarting the device and turning it off and on again but the problem persists. What can I do to solve it?

Options

1700 Posts

03-04-2016

IN

1020 Signins

34450 Page Views

• Views: 34450
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G5S plus audio suddenly lowering

2018-06-12, 11:43 AM

wrote:

Hello, long time Moto g user here. I've been using a G5S plus model for the last five months and recently started having audio issues. When I'm playing music through the speakers it suddenly lowers the sound very significantly. The volume bar stays on the same level and if I close the source and play again the volume starts on the normal level but it well then drop as before quite soon. 

I noticed this happening with Spotify only and I thought it was a problem with the app, I followed instructions from their customer support team to no avail. Then I started noticing this was also happening with videos from either YouTube or other source.

So far I haven't noticed this while using headphones, which I find odd. I tried restarting the device and turning it off and on again but the problem persists. What can I do to solve it?

Hi wastydkyss,

Sorry to hear about this, can you test in safe mode and let me know if it behaves the same? Safe mode will start the device without third-party applications running. To boot into Safe mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe mode appears.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

06-12-2018

CO

2 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 5

2018-06-13, 1:10 AM

Thank you, Sandip. I played some videos on YouTube (it was the only music app available on safe mode) and moved the phone around while playing and the volume never lowered. What does this mean?

Options

1700 Posts

03-04-2016

IN

1020 Signins

34450 Page Views

• Views: 34450
  • Message 4 of 5

2018-06-13, 6:59 AM

wrote:

Thank you, Sandip. I played some videos on YouTube (it was the only music app available on safe mode) and moved the phone around while playing and the volume never lowered. What does this mean?

When something works in safe mode but doesn't work in regular mode, a third party app is usually causing the problem.
It can be tedious to find the culprit, but I'd first look at any battery savers or task managers if you have that type of app installed.
please try to clear the system cache after uninstalling, but that's not always necessary. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

10-31-2017

IN

14 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 5 of 5

2018-07-03, 17:13 PM

Motorola became the worst ever smartphone brand after acquired by Lenovo.

Their only survival is giving false statements and I'm very much regretting being a moto user.

Go to hell Moto.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete