cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrfore
Paper Tape
Views: 167
Message 1 of 6

Moto G5SPlus screen lock not working. won't accept pin.

Finger print will open the phone.  If i go into settings and access security it asks for the pin. When i enter the pin is makes the setting app stop.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 124
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G5SPlus screen lock not working. won't accept pin.

@mrfore wrote:

Finger print will open the phone.  If i go into settings and access security it asks for the pin. When i enter the pin is makes the setting app stop.

Hi mrfore,

Thanks for posting and letting us know. Do you get any error when you enter the PIN? Are you able to access the phone with the PIN? Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

mrfore
Paper Tape
Views: 116
Message 3 of 6

I can only access the phone with the finger print scan.  When i try to open the phone with the pin, the screen goes black and then returns to the closed screen.  If I go into the security section under settings and open the screen lock, it asked for my pin. If i enter my pin I get a  message that " settings has stopped" 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 71
Message 4 of 6

Hi mrfore,

We can try doing the basic first. Power Cycle or simply restart the device, but make sure you have all your files and apps backed up before restarting your phone to make sure you won't be locked out and so you can avoid losing important things. Once everything's backed up, restart your device and it should ask for your security PIN. Let me know. Hope that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
mrfore
Paper Tape
Views: 67
Message 5 of 6

After 72 hours the finger print scanner quit working and I got a message that I need to use my pin to reactivate the scanner.  At this point i was locked out of the phone so i when through restart and now everything is working.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 52
Message 6 of 6

@mrfore wrote:

After 72 hours the finger print scanner quit working and I got a message that I need to use my pin to reactivate the scanner.  At this point i was locked out of the phone so i when through restart and now everything is working.

Hi mrfore,

Glad to know your device is working fine now.

Regards,

Suman

Top Kudoed Authors