Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yogi306
Punch Card
Message 71 of 340

Re: Camera app issues

sanusense wrote:

Facing the same issue with Depth Mode, it takes ages to save pictures. Also the quality is not upto the mark which I don't expect with Motorola (been using for 3 years). It takes some good images with Normal mode, however DEPTH mode is a serious concern.

Its no more Motorola,

its Lenovorola - Chinese Company !!

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Message 72 of 340

Re: Moto G5s Plus Camera Related Serious Issues

Hi guys. Were you able to get a camera update via the Play Store? We started a staged roll out via the Play Store last week to have the camera updated. Let us know what happens.  -JM

jamiejako
Fanfold Paper
Message 73 of 340

Moto Camera 2 version - 7.0.61.17
Camera tuner version - 1.15.8-sanders
Still no good. Compression and quality issues prevail.
Yogi306
Punch Card
Message 74 of 340

Moto_JM wrote:

Hi guys. Were you able to get a camera update via the Play Store? We started a staged roll out via the Play Store last week to have the camera updated. Let us know what happens.  -JM

Is this update newer than 7.0.61.17?

Work4crown
Punch Card
Message 75 of 340

Moto Camera 2 version - 7.0.61.17
Camera tuner version - 1.15.9-sanders
Moto Photo Editor - 1.4.45.4

These apps did not auto-update when I set my phone up. I had to manually search for them in the Play store and manually update them. They are both set to 'auto update' in the Play store but maybe they weren't set that way from the factory?

I'm really hoping Motorola can get the camera quality updated soon for selfish reasons but also because I want to see this phone succeed. I think the future of this phone's sales are depending on the camera quality.

shrinathk
Fanfold Paper
Message 76 of 340

Gstar72 wrote:

Hey Shrinathk,

There are many apps on Google Play, if you have better control over iso, focus, brighter flash and steady shot, these seem to benefit the photo sharpness, esp in lower light.  On the Google Play Store I found Adobe Photoshop Express - which allows you to take a picture and use various editing tools including sharpening - as I found the G5SPlus images very soft - not sharp, even with high iso, flash etc.  I also found 'A Better Camera' app - please note, they have not replied to my support queries, and I am still trying this app out, it does appear to produce sharper images than the Moto camera app - and has a steady shot option, possibly brighter flash output and better control over focussing....that said, I haven't tried to depth edit with either of these apps - you might have to do this on the Moto Camera app and import into Photoshop to sharpen?.

Always ready the permissions required for each app before downloading at your own discretion. I am in no way linked to these apps and so it is entirely up to the users discretion if they download or not.  Of course I would be happier if Motorola enabled sharper image functionality out of the box, so I would not need these additional apps....

Hope this helps. I would be interested to know what you think of these apps - if they help the output of the G5S Plus camera.

Hello Gstar72,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I am not really a pro with the camera. I was just looking for some app that will give me a better picture than the default camera app. It's a pity Moto did not notice how bad the picture quality was. I will try the apps suggested by you. Thanks again !

shrinathk
Fanfold Paper
Message 77 of 340

Moto_JM wrote:

As per Google Play store, the version is 7.0.61.17 which was updated on Sep 29, 2017. Is this the new update you are talking about ? If yes, I got it. One thing I did notice after the above update is that the shutter lag has reduced. Will test further and comment. Thanks !

TomasF
Paper Tape
Message 78 of 340

Related to this topic, if camera has resolution of 13Mpx. Why panorama which should be stiched from many pictures has usually even smaller resolution ? If you shot same picture with google camera, panorama picture is about 30-40mpx but with Moto camera 2 it is only 8-15mpx. That is really sad that in 2017 we have panarama mode like that. Please make it fixed in future updates. Thank you.

TomasF
Paper Tape
Message 79 of 340

GoogleCamera.jpgGoogleCamera 16.4MpxMotoCamera.jpgMotoCamera 6,7Mpx

For example I shot these two panoramas few days ago. One is from Google Camera (I had to compress it to JPEG 50% because of size limit on this forum) and another from latest Moto Camera. Panorama from Moto Camera is only 6,7Mpx in size but panorama from Google Camera is around 16Mpx in size. And if you compare quality of details in original images, it is big difference.

Sweta_45123
Paper Tape
Message 80 of 340

Camera quality

Its been 15 days since I bought the phone and the camera quality is really not upto the mark. The photos i have  taken gets pixeleted even with little zoom. Even the depth mode is not working properly. Saturation level of the photos is not good and the photos are with a lot of noise. There is also problem with the audio speaker. The voice cracks while talking. I have tried on different neworks.

I am not able to understand that all Moto G5s Plus phones are having the defect or just my phone is having a problem.Kindly update me on this. I am very fond of Moto phones but it is very disappointing to see Moto G5s Plus.

I am also attaching sample photos.IMG_20171015_191221408_DEPTH (1).jpg

Top Kudoed Authors