Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yogesh_Patel
Core Memory
Views: 33,854
Message 3 of 393

Moto G5s Plus Camera Related Serious Issues

Can the Moto team please provide me some information whether I'm correct or not for the following points in case of the camera:

1. While using the slow motion video mode, the quality of the video certainly decreases to about 50%.

2. Sometimes the images that are captured using the normal camera get pixilated when zoomed.

3. While using the depth mode, the focus does not actually sets on the the object clicked (the upper area gets focussed instead of the clicked portion)

4. While editing a depth mode captured image, it does take pretty much time to save (even once the progress loader got stuck and unfortunately I had to close my camera and the phot did not get saved)

5. Panorama mode's images are a bit pixilated.

6. Low Light images are disorted when zoomed for viewing the saved photos.

7. Is the realtime zooming provided in case of professional mode ? (I didn't get when I used it)

Motorola, please ask your development and testing team to work a lot more doing a proper testing on the issues that are mentioned in this as well as other threads (to be specific, the company has Claimed that the Camera for Moto G5s Plus is "Rebuilt" rather than "Updated" but it does not seems to be promising as per your promo and description given while putting it on sale). It is a bit surprising that a phone is launched with some serious bugs and even claims some kickass features for camera that actually dont work as promised in the promo.

Would appreciate if I get a decent response from a responsible SPOC.

DeepakJ
Fanfold Paper
Views: 33,401
Message 1 of 393

Camera app issues

I'm facing Sutter Lag while clicking Normal photos. And in depth mode it takes around 5 sec to save the pictures.And in depth mode the edge's came out to be blurry. Hope Moto will solve this issues with upcoming updates.

rishabhshah13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 33,378
Message 2 of 393

Low Light Option in Camera app

Recently when I was Checking out the camera of my Moto G5s Plus, I saw an option with a crescent moon icon which said low light mode. What exaclty does this mode do? Does this mode use data from both the cameras? 

Killer11
Blue Screen Again
Views: 33,424
Message 4 of 393

Moto g5s plus dual camera has too many problems!!!!!!!!

Moto g5s plus dual camera has too many problem.They markated it as dual camera , they have but the technology is old of 2015 they should have given a telephoto lens with optical zoom.The camera UI is too slow.Even in normal photo it's take 1 second to take the picture.The shutter speed is slow.And the situation in depth enable mode is even worse.It takes 5 to 6 seconds to save the pictures so we can do nothing in that 5 to 6 seconds and when the dual camera is used the ui becomes even slower.And when Icamera is in normal mode it shows a moon symbol even in good lighting conditions so photo captures too slow even in normal mode.Thats one thing the other thing is that the bhoke effect is not perfect the edges are blurred out .And while recording a video in 1080p 60 fps there is a reddish tint on the upper left of the video.The problem was also there in moto g5 plus.I bought the phone because of the camera and that's the only imperfection in the phone.Lenovo (Motorola) please do something .Please provide a update to fix the camera issue.Even xiaomi a1 camera is better than moto g5s plus.xiaomi is doing a grater job than Motorola.

PLEASE PROVIDE A UPDATE.

WE WANT MOTOROLA BACK!!!!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 33,309
Message 5 of 393

Re: Moto G5s Plus Camera Related Serious Issues

Hi guys,

We appreciate this insight. I am having someone take a look and test if we can duplicate the concerns raised up in this thread. I will post back once I have more information.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Yogesh_Patel
Core Memory
Views: 33,297
Message 6 of 393

Thanks!!

If the Moto team wants me to test any sort of updated functionalities after the release of a stable software update of this thread, I'm ready to do it.

Even I want this phone to be a huge success for Moto. Everything is upto the mark except the feature that defines Moto G5s plus from other phones in its competition group.
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 33,286
Message 7 of 393

@Yogesh_Patel wrote:

Can the Moto team please provide me some information whether I'm correct or not for the following points in case of the camera:

1. While using the slow motion video mode, the quality of the video certainly decreases to about 50%.

2. Sometimes the images that are captured using the normal camera get pixilated when zoomed.

3. While using the depth mode, the focus does not actually sets on the the object clicked (the upper area gets focussed instead of the clicked portion)

4. While editing a depth mode captured image, it does take pretty much time to save (even once the progress loader got stuck and unfortunately I had to close my camera and the phot did not get saved)

7. Is the realtime zooming provided in case of professional mode ? (I didn't get when I used it)

Motorola, please ask your development and testing team to work a lot more doing a proper testing on the issues that are mentioned in this as well as other threads (to be specific, the company has Claimed that the Camera for Moto G5s Plus is "Rebuilt" rather than "Updated" but it does not seems to be promising as per your promo and description given while putting it on sale). It is a bit surprising that a phone is launched with some serious bugs and even claims some kickass features for camera that actually dont work as promised in the promo.

Would appreciate if I get a decent response from a responsible SPOC.

I'll do my best here, but I believe most of these are normal for the situation described, or simple limitations of the technology. 

• Slo-mo generally has a slightly lower resolution so some degradation is expected.
  1. Sometimes the images that are captured using the normal camera get pixilated when zoomed.
  • This is perfectly normal. Pixelation will always occur when you zoom a digital photo. If you use zoom during the shot itself it will be more evident. 
  1. While using the depth mode, the focus does not actually sets on the the object clicked (the upper area gets focussed instead of the clicked portion)
  • Can you share a couple of examples? If you place the focus ring on the object you want it should work.
  1. While editing a depth mode captured image, it does take pretty much time to save (even once the progress loader got stuck and unfortunately I had to close my camera and the phot did not get saved)
  • Are you talking about editing depth mode? I did see some delay in changing the depth, which I assume is processing time, but once I hit Save it was fast. Are you saving to internal or a SDcard, and how much memory is available? 
  1. Panorama mode's images are a bit pixilated.
  • Again, I think this is a function of this feature. 
  1. Low Light images are disorted when zoomed for viewing the saved photos.
  • Can you say more about what you mean by "distorted?" Is it graininess? That would be a function of the low light, but if it’s something else, let me know.
  1. Is the realtime zooming provided in case of professional mode ? (I didn't get when I used it)
  •  Can you say more about this? What are you expecting and what are you missing?

Hope this helps.

- Matt

_d_only_yogi_
Paper Tape
Views: 33,090
Message 8 of 393

Here is my feedback for the points mentioned:

• Your Answer: Slo-mo generally has a slightly lower resolution so some degradation is expected.
  • My Answer: Accepted (as this feature wont be used on a daily basis. But a little bit of video optimization will be great in the next camera update)

• Your Answer: This is perfectly normal. Pixelation will always occur when you zoom a digital photo. If you use zoom during the shot itself it will be more evident. 
  • My Answer: Accepted. 

• Your Answer: Can you share a couple of examples? If you place the focus ring on the object you want it should work.
  • My Answer: I'm attaching some sample images which will help you and the Moto team to get a complete idea about what is wrong with the depth mode.
    • depth mode issue 1 : in this image, there are two sections marked in red (ones which are not blurred) and orange (one which is blurred) inspite of focussing on the object. The on-touch focussing algorithm used in the depth mode, sadly, is a disaster. Even if we tap on the object to focus, some other areas are also getting affected resulting in a bad blurring effect (refer the highlighted marks in the images. I'm sharing link as there is some issue in uploading image files directly on this post Please check the same). Another samples : depth mode issue 2 , depth mode focusing issue 1 , depth mode focusing issue 2 [here the object which was tapped to focus got blurred and other object got focussed instead of the real one]

• Your Answer: Are you talking about editing depth mode? I did see some delay in changing the depth, which I assume is processing time, but once I hit Save it was fast. Are you saving to internal or a SDcard, and how much memory is available? 
  • My Answer: There was no SD Card used in my device and the memory was almost 20GB free. Fortunately moto g5s plus helped me proving this point. This is the screen shot where the depth mode gets stuck while capturing and saving  image (took a long 30 seconds and then lastly I had to close the camera) : depth mode saving issue

• Your Answer: Again, I think this is a function of this feature. 
  • My Answer: Accepted. But then again, please try to rectify this issue as this does not seems to be a function rather than an error.

•  Your Answer: Can you say more about this? What are you expecting and what are you missing?
  • My Answer: The zooming feature is present in the professional mode. I missed it.

So, everything is provided to you Would expect a quick response on the same. Also please ask your team to work a lot more on the algorithms used in case of the depth mode beacuse, as compared to this device, other devices in th same price segment work a lot perfect. Frankly speaking, the working of depth mode shown in the promo is not at all thee same while using it in real (not even near to it).

Moto team, please work on providing a concrete solution to the issues mentioned.

Kunal1217
Punch Card
Views: 33,075
Message 9 of 393

Slow- mo quality is really bad. It should be corrected. Even if it records in 720p, it is fine, but the quality is really very bad.

Front camera video natural colors not captured. Graininess in video and images both especially in low light. 

Depth mode focussing issue is there. Subject gets blurred sometimes, sometimes part of the background also gets focussed etc.

This phone was projected as camera smartphone so we would really love these features to get fixed asap. Smiley Happy Thank you!

RonDevon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 25,873
Message 10 of 393

Moto G5S Plus - Video Quality on Front Facing Camera | Serious Software Bug

I can't believe so many people are facing the front camera issue on Moto G5S Plus and any support/acknowledgement from MOTO support is yet to arrive !

Please believe when I say, I have used other mid-range mobiles from different makes and MOTOROLA too, but the front camera quality is HORRENDOUS. Not only for Video, but for images too. In an ordinary indoor setting, the images come out with extremely low highlights, poor quality and detail. There are shadows on normal selfies. The videos are dark on an another level. This is totally unacceptable, although it seems like an software bug. But it needs to be looked at immediately.

I expect to see some acknowledgement of the issue or else I have to push for an return of the product (which itself has a deadline). My suggestion to fellow buyers, please keep this thread on TOP so it reaches the attention of support personnel on this forum.

Top Kudoed Authors