Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_iamayush
Punch Card
Views: 5,388
Message 1 of 14

Moto G5s Plus Camera Update

A revamped UI is revealed in this new Camera update with new icon and new features.Screenshot_20180410-083133.png

Screenshot_20180410-083211.png

MrMoto2018
Paper Tape
Views: 5,318
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moto G5s Plus Camera Update

I didn't like this new update. And, why Motorola removed the one finger feature to replace it with the old fashion two fingers controlling the zoom?

saya
Punch Card
Views: 5,231
Message 3 of 14

Camera zooming

After the new camera update, zoom in and zoom out is not quite smooth. Could someone tell me any other option to zoom other than swiping with two fingers.

Mebes
802.11n
Views: 5,224
Message 4 of 14

Re: Camera zooming

Go to settings and turn on "Tap anywhere to capture"

Once this is on you can swipe up on the screen with one finger to zoom.

Not sure if this helps but it is the only alternate zoom option I could find.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,162
Message 5 of 14

Re: Camera zooming

Hi saya,

There's an existing thread in regards with this. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. I'll move this post here. Thanks.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,157
Message 6 of 14

Hi MrMoto2018,

Thanks for your feedback. I just managed to update the Moto G5s Plus and I guess we can follow Mebes suggestion. To do so: Kindly open the Camera App > Swipe to the right > Tap the gear icon or the Settings icon > Toggle on "Tap Anywhere to Capture". Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

M0t0
Paper Tape
Views: 5,043
Message 7 of 14

Why the time stamps on your pictures have 2007 date with same time for both,  11-22-2007 6:10 AM to be precise?

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 2.40.38 PM copy.png

Anyway, following are the FEW things that I disliked and liked about the new app.

DISLIKED:

I don't like the new LOGO, it looks off. The other icons are of bright color and this one is of a dull color with not much texture feel as the other ones. The old blue logo used to merge and match with the other icons in vicinity. But the new one stands out clearly, in a wrong way.

1.jpg

Apart from logo, the new LEFT SIDE features interface is also not so good as it has ditched the descriptions of the features that were inclueded with it previously. Now it assumes that you know the icons of the features.

I don't like the fact that they Motorola has still not included the snapchat like effects for selfie, the ones that are available for Moto X4 after OREO update. Since, the camera app on Moto phones are Android Version independent, it is entirely Motorola's decision to include a feature or not. 

But, yes, the camera quality has improved a great load for me (my mom's phone it is).

Particularly, in artificial light. The skin tone was so bad before, I had to avoid Moto G5S plus and use my dad's Moto X4 to take pictures of my family or my parents, the skin tones on G5S Plus were always came with heavy YELLOW tone on it. The pictures always looked like that the person/s in pictures had gone through the "HALDI CEREMONY" of their wedding (In Indian weddings, a ceremony in which they apply TURMERIC paste on the faces, hands, legs, etc. of the bride and groom, 1-2 days before the wedding). But, NOW the tones are of natural colors and overall color distribution has also improved.

Now picture taking animation and picture storage has become much FASTER than the older app.

UI looks little cleaner and lighter than before.

I like that they have removed the confusig left swiping gesture used to go to the recent pictures and have put the regular picture box  on the lower right corner (right to the shutter button) that leads to recent pictures.

P.S.

Above are the first of things that I have noticed after the new Camera app update on my mom's Moto G5S Plus.

This is NOT a REVIEW of the Moto G5S Plus camera. It is just a comparision of few things between the latest version of the Camera app and the previous version of the Camera app on Moto G5S Plus that I have noticed.

Please pardon me for any spelling mistakes, etc. because somehow autocorrection or dictionary assistance isn't available for me while messaging on this forum.

RanjanRJ
Paper Tape
Views: 3,240
Message 8 of 14

Re: Moto G5s Plus Update

Bloody Chinese company Oreo has too old don't get Moto G5 S Plus and others Moto G6 come and moto G5 go to hell Chinese company

Rahul168
What's DOS?
Views: 1,884
Message 9 of 14

Will Moto G5 plus get the same camera update?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,823
Message 10 of 14

Hi Rahul168,

Thanks for posting. Not too sure what you mean with the same camera update. But we don't have information what's the next update for the camera would be. Kindly wait and let see. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors