cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SumitSinghal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,145
Message 1 of 10

Moto G5s Plus- Speaker Turned On by itself during call + No notification counters

Hi 

Need some help on this issue. Just bought Moto G5s Plus 2 days back. Facing two major issues as of now

1. While any Incoming or Outgoing call, the moment call gets connected speaker turns ON without the speaker sign showing ON. Need to double press the speaker sign to turn the call on ear speaker.  Tried multiple restarts and other visible settings stuff but still no solution.

2. Have installed various apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, SMS , Email etc . Now whenever a new msg/mail/whatsapp etc arrives a notification do appears butthere is no "unread counter " on the app icon which is visible.  Its like if you clear all the lock screen notifications then on menu bar you dont see any pending msgs/mails/whatsapp etc to be read untill you visit the particular app.

Can please anybody suggest if they are facing any similar issues or if any body has remedy to my problem.

Thanks

Sumit

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,093
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto G5s Plus- Speaker Turned On by itself during call + No notification counters

@SumitSinghal wrote:

Hi 

Need some help on this issue. Just bought Moto G5s Plus 2 days back. Facing two major issues as of now

1. While any Incoming or Outgoing call, the moment call gets connected speaker turns ON without the speaker sign showing ON. Need to double press the speaker sign to turn the call on ear speaker.  Tried multiple restarts and other visible settings stuff but still no solution.

2. Have installed various apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, SMS , Email etc . Now whenever a new msg/mail/whatsapp etc arrives a notification do appears butthere is no "unread counter " on the app icon which is visible.  Its like if you clear all the lock screen notifications then on menu bar you dont see any pending msgs/mails/whatsapp etc to be read untill you visit the particular app.

Can please anybody suggest if they are facing any similar issues or if any body has remedy to my problem.

Thanks

Sumit

Hi SumitSinghal,

Thank you for posting

Sorry to hear about this, Can you test in safe mode and let me know if it behaves the same? Safe mode will start the device without third-party applications running To boot into Safe mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe mode appears.

Thanks

Sandip

SumitSinghal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,083
Message 3 of 10

Re: Moto G5s Plus- Speaker Turned On by itself during call + No notification counters

Hi Sandip

Thanks for suggestion. I did emtied my phone and did a factory reset. Thus my 1st problem is gone.

Please suggest if any remedy for second issue if any as that will be great help

Thanks 

Sumit Singhal

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,065
Message 4 of 10

@SumitSinghal wrote:

Hi Sandip

Thanks for suggestion. I did emtied my phone and did a factory reset. Thus my 1st problem is gone.

Please suggest if any remedy for second issue if any as that will be great help

Thanks 

Sumit Singhal

Can you please try to reset the app preferences and see if that helps. Settings >>> Apps>> Reset Preferences.

Thanks

Sandip 

Mebes
802.11n
Views: 1,058
Message 5 of 10

Hello SumitSinghal

Google's stock launcher for Nougat does not support badge notifications.

You will either need to downolad a third party launcher or wait for the Oreo update if you want to see them.

S

SumitSinghal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,055
Message 6 of 10

Hi Sandip
Thanks for this but its still not working.
Also do you have a way to disable to the quick dialling facility of this as its been a big pain

Thanks
SumitSinghal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,054
Message 7 of 10

Hi

Can you suggest what all will be impacted in the current functioning of the mobile in case I download a third party launcher . Also can you advice any

Thanks
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,049
Message 8 of 10

@SumitSinghal wrote:
Hi

Can you suggest what all will be impacted in the current functioning of the mobile in case I download a third party launcher . Also can you advice any

Thanks

We do not recommend any third party apps, We suggest before downloading an app, read reviews from other Play Store users who have downloaded it to help you decide if it's right for you. On the app description screen, scroll down and touch Read all comments. Read a bunch of comments, not just the first few. Hope this helps.

-Sandip

Manshila
What's DOS?
Views: 780
Message 9 of 10

Hi i am facing the same problem and i have tried the safe mode but still it doesn't work.. i have reboot several times but still the speaker will turn on automatically during call
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 689
Message 10 of 10

@Manshila wrote:
Hi i am facing the same problem and i have tried the safe mode but still it doesn't work.. i have reboot several times but still the speaker will turn on automatically during call

Hi Manshila,

Can you please try to reset the app's preferences and see if that helps also try clearing the data and cache file for the phone app.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors