Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhdmhd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 219
Message 1 of 3

Moto G5s Plus WiFi issue : do not find my network

Hello,

I just received my moto G5S Plus I ordered from Amazon.

I turned it on and I was unable to find my WiFi network during the initial setup.

I could find some other networks from my neighbors but not mine.

I proceeded anyway without an internet connection.

After the setup was done, I tried again. The phone failed once more to find my network.

I turned the WiFi on and off, I restarted the device several times. Always failing to find my network.

At the bottom of the WiFi menu on the phone, there is an option " + Add network".

click on it, a pop up window appears asking for the network SSID and password.  I fill both the SSID and password manually, but nothing happen.

I can click on the "gear" icon, select "Saved networks" and I see what I entered manually, but I am unable to connect.

This is not likely to be a problem from my router : I have 3 laptops connected to this network, my older Android Phone also connects to it. My friends phone, both Android and iOS phones can also connect the network without problem.

Any idea what is going on?

mhdmhd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 215
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G5s Plus WiFi issue : do not find my network

Oh, after the second "factory reset" the network appeared.

I guess that solves this particular issue but I'm still curious what was happening.

T13
Punch Card
Views: 141
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G5s Plus WiFi issue : do not find my network

here is my guess, was the phone purchased in the local market or was it purchased in a different country.
Not all WiFi bands are supported in all countries.
It could be that your Wifi Devices are using a band, which your phone is not licensed to use.
Top Kudoed Authors