Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jatin112
What's DOS?
Views: 2,453
Message 31 of 138

Moto G5s plus Charging issue

Hi...my only 1 month old moto g5s plus is facing problem while charging.

When i plug in the device its battery starts decreasing instead of charging...

And then when i left it for an hour or some...i noticed it popped up.

Plz help..

Arya205
What's DOS?
Views: 1,292
Message 32 of 138

Re: Moto G5s plus Charging issue

I got my Moto G5 Plus relatively recently -- maybe two months at the most. Lately, I've noticed that when charging, my phone will randomly stop charging for a period of time, then reconnect. I am using the charger the phone came with, and I did try other chargers. Resetting the phone didn't do any good, and I have read reviews from other Moto G5 plus users of this problem. 

I'm not sure what's causing the problem and my phone is brand new, I'd hate to have to return it. Other than the charging issue, I really love this phone, so please Moto -- help me out Smiley Happy

Devender086
Paper Tape
Views: 2,051
Message 33 of 138

Moto G5S plus Charging Issue

I recently purchase moto G5S plus. When I connect charger sometimes it shows charging symbol but not charge and battery percentage remain same. It charge only when I switch off the device. Please provide a solution for this problem.

Aravind_Alex
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,011
Message 34 of 138

Re: Moto G5S plus Charging Issue

can you be more specific?

@Devender086 wrote:

I recently purchase moto G5S plus. When I connect charger sometimes it shows charging symbol but not charge and battery percentage remain same. It charge only when I switch off the device. Please provide a solution for this problem.

Priyank127
Paper Tape
Views: 2,298
Message 35 of 138

Moto g5s plus charging issue

I have been experiencing charging issues with my motog5s plus after the last update that i got. The charging is uneven it doesn't drop down even by a percent after 15 to 20 mins of usage but later on drops. Also the charging percent doesn't change while charging...i dont knw what caused this ..may be the update might be the reason for it..Please help ...i really like my motog5s plus but now it started troubling. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,805
Message 36 of 138

Re: Moto g5s plus charging issue

@Priyank127 wrote:

I have been experiencing charging issues with my motog5s plus after the last update that i got. The charging is uneven it doesn't drop down even by a percent after 15 to 20 mins of usage but later on drops. Also the charging percent doesn't change while charging...i dont knw what caused this ..may be the update might be the reason for it..Please help ...i really like my motog5s plus but now it started troubling. 

Please make sure to do the troubleshooting steps provided above. If the issue is still persisting, try a Clear Cache Partition please.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

arya8
Paper Tape
Views: 1,785
Message 37 of 138

Re: Moto g5s plus charging issue

i am facing the same problem with my phone. most of the time its not getting charge. the battery percentage remain same even after one hour connected to the cable. and im facing this problem each n every time I connect my phone to the charger. please solve this problem ASAP.

shadymohit639
Serial Port
Views: 1,876
Message 38 of 138

Battery charging issue

I bought my Moto G5s Plus on September 14th. I have already done factory data reset of the device 5 times. Today, I saw a weird issue while charging. On charging, battery percentage reduces that is 69>68>67. But when I unplug the device after some time, it shows charge as 99%. I calibrated the battery but that didn't help. I charged the battery once again and observed the same issue. Before you provide me any solution, I have already done a factory data reset 5 times and today is the first time I faced this issue. It's not possible to go to service centre because it's very far from my residence and they want to keep the device for atleast 1 month. Please provide an alternative solution if possible.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,787
Message 39 of 138

Re: Battery charging issue

Hi All,

Please make sure you have done the necessary troubleshooting steps provided in this thread. These include-- calibrating battery, trying other Motorola turbochargers, Safe Mode, Clear Cache Partition and Factory reset. You can also check the steps here.

One user said he's issue was solved by going to Service center and they found out that the charger adaptor is the one that is defective and was a given a warranty replacement for it.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

shadymohit639
Serial Port
Views: 1,759
Message 40 of 138

Re: Battery charging issue

I have already tried these troubleshooting steps. This is a major issue. I faced this problem on 3.12.17 for the first time after 1.5 months of usage. Issue persists when using another Moto turbo charger. You once said that an update will be released. So, what should I do? Wait for an update or visit service center. Will the guys at service center provide me an alternative device which I can use while my device is being repaired? Please do inform. This issue is engendering a great frustration and inconvenience.

Top Kudoed Authors