Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,532
Message 41 of 138

Re: Battery charging issue

@shadymohit639 wrote:

I have already tried these troubleshooting steps. This is a major issue. I faced this problem on 3.12.17 for the first time after 1.5 months of usage. Issue persists when using another Moto turbo charger. You once said that an update will be released. So, what should I do? Wait for an update or visit service center. Will the guys at service center provide me an alternative device which I can use while my device is being repaired? Please do inform. This issue is engendering a great frustration and inconvenience.

It's best to visit the nearest service center on your location for further assistance. Here's a link.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

shadymohit639
Serial Port
Views: 1,530
Message 42 of 138

But, you once said that you have passed on the information to the concerned team and they will push an update regarding this issue. So, was that true?

Christ_2800
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,494
Message 43 of 138

Dear MotoAgent,

I am Kristianto from Surabaya, ID. I am a fan of Moto G version and always buy this series from generation to generation. Regardless the new feature and camera improvement of moto G5s Plus (XT1805), I think it is the worst generation I have. Since the recent system update was installed half month ago, I got many problems from charging issue (taking longer time up to 3 hours for fully charging my smartphone) and poor 4G signal strength issue. The issues make me so disappointed and it is very awkward, instead of checking and observing the issues of your recent update yet suggesting us to do battery calibration, clear cache partition, etc. Please also consider to re-check what is the matter or bugs arise from recent Nov. update. Because I have no any issue with my smartphone from Sep. (date of purchase on 09/25/2017) to early Nov. I kindly ask you to fix all issues including battrry charging and signal strength. Kindly be informed that I do whatever your previous recommendations such as battery calibration, sending bugs report, clear cache, even factory reset >3 times, yet no improvement and solution for the issues. Compared to my Chinese Smartphone, Redmi Note 4, my new Moto G5s Plus seems to be worse and worse after facing many issues. It is so frustrating for me.

Warm Regards,

Kristianto
Surabaya, ID.
Kris
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,346
Message 44 of 138

@shadymohit639 wrote:

But, you once said that you have passed on the information to the concerned team and they will push an update regarding this issue. So, was that true?

That's true. I saw that you post here. This thread is for slow charging/not charging concerns. Please continue posting on the other thread since your issue is different from these customers. Thanks!

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Christ_2800
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,338
Message 45 of 138

Hi, Moto Agent

I have found that the battery charging issue on my Moto G5s Plus seems to be fixed well two weeks ago. Thank you Moto team.

For all of Moto users, if this issue persists, I suggest to turn on Developer options from your phone Setting, take the bug report and send the bug report saved from Google Drive to this forum. In addition, you may alternatively backup the phone data and reset to default factory settings (for your info, I have reset my phone twice). By doing those actions, my issue has been solved.

I hope this information is useful and work well for you.

Kris
Vishalreddy22
Paper Tape
Views: 1,309
Message 46 of 138

Re: Charging issue in moto g5s plus

got my phone 15 days back the 1st 15 days it was fine

Now,the issues started

1-the charging is inconsistent it suddenly drops after 20-30 mins of usage

2-when I put it on charge it suddenly goes form say 20-50 percent at a time

3-it doesn't charge properly sometimes,have to calibrate the battery(get annoying) for it to charge

What to do now?

You people should release an update for all the above mentioned ASAP.

Christ_2800
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,302
Message 47 of 138

Yes, you may try to solve your battery charging issue as my above suggestion, since it works on my phone too. The battery charging time shorter than before (19% to 100% takes approx an hour fourty minutes). Please takes your bugs report and PM to authorized Moto Agent if the problem persists. In addition, you may backup your phone data and reset to default factory setting. After resetting the phone, re-check the charging time and compare with previous charging behaviour. If the charging issue was still exist, you should try to reset it once again. I hope my suggestion can help you.
Kris
AJAY021
Paper Tape
Views: 1,036
Message 48 of 138

Moto G5s plus Charging issue

Hi,

MotoG5s plus is not charging properly. Nearly takes 2-3 hours for charging. Even turbocharger is not helping. Bug report is attached for your reference. Please resolve.

_iamayush
Punch Card
Views: 1,129
Message 49 of 138

I have the same issue please keep me updated if you've found any solution.

Mr_Pandey
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,286
Message 50 of 138

Re: Moto g5s plus issues

Hello guys, I brought Moto G5s Plus last September and from then it has some problems 

1) It reboots own it's own, at first i thought it's like apple rebooting itself to correct any abnormalities within but now it's doing it more frequently.

2) I think my turbocharger is working way good. From 7% to 100% in less then 25 min. But the device has started to use battery more rapidly, from 100% to 79% in 12 min in standby mode. It is using battery rapidly till 60% then it starts to slow down its battery use to somewhat normal

3) Today I plug it to its original turbo charger and started charging from 13% and in around 7-8 min it was 52 then I rebooted it in safe mode and suddenly battery was dropped to 7% and then it started charging to 100% in less then 20 min.

What should I do to solve these problems ASAP as I am into traveling and this issue is hindering with my work. Waiting for your reply.

Top Kudoed Authors