Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 941
Message 51 of 138

Re: Battery charging issue

@Christ_2800 wrote:

Hi, Moto Agent

I have found that the battery charging issue on my Moto G5s Plus seems to be fixed well two weeks ago. Thank you Moto team.

For all of Moto users, if this issue persists, I suggest to turn on Developer options from your phone Setting, take the bug report and send the bug report saved from Google Drive to this forum. In addition, you may alternatively backup the phone data and reset to default factory settings (for your info, I have reset my phone twice). By doing those actions, my issue has been solved.

I hope this information is useful and work well for you.

Glad to know it worked for you @Christ_2800.

To other users, check if the above solution will also work for you. You can also check this thread for other solution that

worked with other customers. Thanks!

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Akash9518
Fanfold Paper
Views: 960
Message 52 of 138

Moto g5s plus charging and battery issue

Hi! My Moto G5s plus is 3 months old.   I have problems with charging the device . I am using the original charger that i got in the box 

• when I plug in my phone it will some time display as TURBO CHARGE and after two minutes it flips back to CHARGING and charges at a very slow rate . and this happens when the phone is switched on while charging and even after 20 minutes of plug in the battery percent hasn't raised by 2 percent. But when i charge it while it's switched off it works fine with turbocharger and gets charged in almost one and a half hour.

• Now comes the batters isssue , till last month it was working fine i had one minor problem that solved on its one . but now my battery drains very fast. Earlier i could have used my phone for two days with a fully charged battery. now I am not able to use it for even 4 hours. The battery usually drains at the rate of 1 % per minute when I switch on the wifi or mobile data. It even discharges when its idle. Suppose I lock my screen and keep my phone away for a while, I would lose around 10% of the charge in an hour . This happens even if i keep it in airplane mode 

I tried re-calibrating the battery and even cleared the cache but nothing works. 

My Xiaomi mobile with a 2200 mah battery has a better battery backup than the 3000mah moto and i use the same apps on both of them, with almost same usage time.

Unas1605
Paper Tape
Views: 753
Message 53 of 138

Re: Moto G5s plus Charging issue

Hai,

I had bought a new phone MOTO G5s Plus and been using it for last 2months. I have facing issue with the phone while charging.

1. when I plug in it will display as TURBO CHARGING and after some time it changes to CHARGING and the battery was 34% at that time.

while I am writing this to you I kept my phone for charging it is 32% now and displaying as CHARGING but charging not takes place. I think it was supposed to charge in turbo. Kindly solve this issue.

Former Employee
Views: 725
Message 54 of 138

Re: Moto g5s plus charging and battery issue

@Akash9518 wrote:

Hi! My Moto G5s plus is 3 months old.   I have problems with charging the device . I am using the original charger that i got in the box 

• when I plug in my phone it will some time display as TURBO CHARGE and after two minutes it flips back to CHARGING and charges at a very slow rate . and this happens when the phone is switched on while charging and even after 20 minutes of plug in the battery percent hasn't raised by 2 percent. But when i charge it while it's switched off it works fine with turbocharger and gets charged in almost one and a half hour.

• Now comes the batters isssue , till last month it was working fine i had one minor problem that solved on its one . but now my battery drains very fast. Earlier i could have used my phone for two days with a fully charged battery. now I am not able to use it for even 4 hours. The battery usually drains at the rate of 1 % per minute when I switch on the wifi or mobile data. It even discharges when its idle. Suppose I lock my screen and keep my phone away for a while, I would lose around 10% of the charge in an hour . This happens even if i keep it in airplane mode 

I tried re-calibrating the battery and even cleared the cache but nothing works. 

My Xiaomi mobile with a 2200 mah battery has a better battery backup than the 3000mah moto and i use the same apps on both of them, with almost same usage time.

Check if another turbocharger has the same effect. One user said he's issue was solved by going to Service centre and they found out that the charger adaptor is the one that is defective and was a given a warranty replacement for it.  And also, if the charging time is different while it's turned off it's possible that some apps were not properly shut down unknown or unused apps/games running on battery. Or other things (internet/Bluetooth/location) are eating the battery life. If you are using the device heavily at the time, it may be possible for a weak charger to fail to provide enough energy to actually charge at all.

For the battery issue, it will still depend on your particular usage will affect how long you can go before recharging your battery. Check some tips to extend battery life here if it helps. 

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Former Employee
Views: 724
Message 55 of 138

@Unas1605 wrote:

Hai,

I had bought a new phone MOTO G5s Plus and been using it for last 2months. I have facing issue with the phone while charging.

1. when I plug in it will display as TURBO CHARGING and after some time it changes to CHARGING and the battery was 34% at that time.

while I am writing this to you I kept my phone for charging it is 32% now and displaying as CHARGING but charging not takes place. I think it was supposed to charge in turbo. Kindly solve this issue.

Does it happen all the time? May we know if you're using the turbocharger that came with the phone?

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

shadymohit639
Serial Port
Views: 710
Message 56 of 138

I am facing exactly the same issue. Moto JM said that an update would fix the issue but it didn't. Please contact Moto JM and ask him/her to tell us what's going on. Many users are facing the issue and I literally mean it.
Unas1605
Paper Tape
Views: 747
Message 57 of 138

Yes, if we plug in the charger to mobile when came to below 30% it happen and below 15% all time happen. Kindly solve this issue.

shadymohit639
Serial Port
Views: 747
Message 58 of 138

I don't know what to do. Some people at Moto say that it's a software bug and would be fixed by an OTA update and others say that we need to go to service centre. Two different things being said by the same company. 

Radheshyamds
What's DOS?
Views: 763
Message 59 of 138

It's taking more time to charge my phone from many days... charging boost isn't working idk what's wrong..

venky4523
Paper Tape
Views: 663
Message 60 of 138

Hi Team,

I am also facing the same issue and went service center no luck at all. please me to resolve this issue.

I updated my IMEI on our portal. 

My login ID is venky4523

Regards

Venkatesh

Top Kudoed Authors