Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dipesh46
Punch Card
Views: 826
Message 1 of 18

Moto G5s plus Charging upto 96%

My moto g5s plus have some battery charging issue. It is only able to charge upto 96% and not above it. My device is not rooted at all nor i have tried something experimental on it.It goes on for hours on charging without actually charging it further (96%).

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 782
Message 2 of 18

Re: Moto G5s plus Charging upto 96%

@Dipesh46 wrote:

My moto g5s plus have some battery charging issue. It is only able to charge upto 96% and not above it. My device is not rooted at all nor i iave tried something experimental on it.It goes on for hours on charging without actually charging it further (96%).

Hi Dipesh46,

Thanks for writing us, Can you please follow the mentioned steps here and let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Sandip 

Dipesh46
Punch Card
Views: 777
Message 3 of 18

I think you have hyperlinked this page in "here" steps. So where are the steps ? 

@Agent_Kaka wrote:

@Dipesh46 wrote:

My moto g5s plus have some battery charging issue. It is only able to charge upto 96% and not above it. My device is not rooted at all nor i iave tried something experimental on it.It goes on for hours on charging without actually charging it further (96%).

Hi Dipesh46,

Thanks for writing us, Can you please follow the mentioned steps here and let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Sandip 

This page opens again on clicking mentioned steps here button in your reply. Though to clarify i have done at least 5 charge cycles still the problem remains. Tried battery callibration apps even!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 770
Message 4 of 18

@Dipesh46 wrote:

I think you have hyperlinked this page in "here" steps. So where are the steps ? 

@Agent_Kaka wrote:

@Dipesh46 wrote:

Hi Dipesh46,

Thanks

Sandip 

This page opens again on clicking mentioned steps here button in your reply. Though to clarify i have done at least 5 charge cycles still the problem remains. Tried battery callibration apps even!

Can you please check the same in safe mode. Can you test in safe mode and let me know if it behaves the same? Safe mode will start the device without third-party applications running, To boot into Safe mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe mode appears.

-Sandip

Dipesh46
Punch Card
Views: 767
Message 5 of 18

Already tried safe mode. It doesn't helps at all.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 759
Message 6 of 18

@Dipesh46 wrote:

Already tried safe mode. It doesn't helps at all.

Have you tried to check with any other different turbocharger? Also can you please take a back and perform a factory data reset with Auto restore disabled and see.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support 

Dipesh46
Punch Card
Views: 741
Message 7 of 18

I did factory reset but it doesn't helps. Now percentage limit is 96% .Earlier it was 97% and some days earlier the limit was 98% . It is decreasing​ .

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 717
Message 8 of 18

@Dipesh46 wrote:

I did factory reset but it doesn't helps. Now percentage limit is 96% .Earlier it was 97% and some days earlier the limit was 98% . It is decreasing​ .

Sorry to hear about that, if you have already tried with different charger/cable/calibrating your device/FDR without restoring the apps and observed and yet facing the issue, then the next option would be Service/Repair so that the repair engineer team can diagnose your device and help you accordingly.

-Sandip

Dipesh46
Punch Card
Views: 706
Message 9 of 18

It might sound wierd that the problem is solved as of now by charging from fully dead (0%) to 100% while it switched off state. It succeeded for now. Do you think that such problem will occur later. And now if I go to service center they will make not respond to my problem as that time the problem might not occur and I will be a joke.(Earlier I had done at least 10 charge cyckes and 3 time FDR and left no stone unturned to resolve the issue)

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 702
Message 10 of 18

@Dipesh46 wrote:

It might sound wierd that the problem is solved as of now by charging from fully dead (0%) to 100% while it switched off state. It succeeded for now. Do you think that such problem will occur later. And now if I go to service center they will make not respond to my problem as that time the problem might not occur and I will be a joke.(Earlier I had done at least 10 charge cyckes and 3 time FDR and left no stone unturned to resolve the issue)

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. If you find any issue please do write us back for any service related you send us an email here supportforums@motorola.com.

Thanks

Sandip

Top Kudoed Authors