Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-21-2019

India

3 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto G5s plus No Service

2019-09-21, 2:10 AM

Moto G5s plus No Service from both sim slots.

My moto g5s plus was working good until the Oreo update. After the update, it started behaving very weird.

• DND mode starts automatically and I have to restart my phone to turn off the DND mode.
  • Suddenly a video stops playing in normal speed and plays like frame by frame without audio. Here also restarting fixes the problem.
  • Alarm works one day and doesn't work some other day, completely on the wish of the phone.
  • It became very slow after the Oreo update and hangs a lot whenever using 3 or 4 apps.
  • Keypad goes on auto-mode, like if I use backspace for 3 or 4 times it keeps on going till it deletes the entire sentence.
  • Moto actions stop working suddenly, again restart it till it stops working again.

Somehow I had to use it the way it is as the service center guys can't see these as issues and they said just factory reset the phone, it will solve. Yeah, it solves like for 1 or 2 days and then again it's the same. As we don't have the option to get back to the previous or original version of android the phone came with, I have been using like this for the past 10 months or so until last week. When I restarted the phone to solve that weird keypad issue, the network is gone. No service at all from any sim on both slots. The same sim works fine in other mobiles.

Now it is completely on wifi, no calling and no data. Service center in Vizag, India, Bright Infocom said they have to change the entire motherboard, I mean what the hell man. Just instead of network IC, the whole motherboard they have to replace which will cost me 80% of the phone price as my warranty was just over a month back. Are these guys not at all eligible to repair or replace a particular part? Or they are just there to work in the warranty period?

Just 13 months old phone and here I am without any use of my Moto G5s Plus. Such a bad experience with moto, tried 1st time as it looked promising in the price segment, but I guess moto doesn't care whatever the customer's issues are or these service center guys work on their own.

I hope if there is any solution to this problem. Or else just a regret will be left for my moto.

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G5s plus No Service

2019-10-08, 9:37 AM

wrote:

Moto G5s plus No Service from both sim slots.

My moto g5s plus was working good until the Oreo update. After the update, it started behaving very weird.

• DND mode starts automatically and I have to restart my phone to turn off the DND mode.
  • Suddenly a video stops playing in normal speed and plays like frame by frame without audio. Here also restarting fixes the problem.
  • Alarm works one day and doesn't work some other day, completely on the wish of the phone.
  • It became very slow after the Oreo update and hangs a lot whenever using 3 or 4 apps.
  • Keypad goes on auto-mode, like if I use backspace for 3 or 4 times it keeps on going till it deletes the entire sentence.
  • Moto actions stop working suddenly, again restart it till it stops working again.

Somehow I had to use it the way it is as the service center guys can't see these as issues and they said just factory reset the phone, it will solve. Yeah, it solves like for 1 or 2 days and then again it's the same. As we don't have the option to get back to the previous or original version of android the phone came with, I have been using like this for the past 10 months or so until last week. When I restarted the phone to solve that weird keypad issue, the network is gone. No service at all from any sim on both slots. The same sim works fine in other mobiles.

Now it is completely on wifi, no calling and no data. Service center in Vizag, India, Bright Infocom said they have to change the entire motherboard, I mean what the hell man. Just instead of network IC, the whole motherboard they have to replace which will cost me 80% of the phone price as my warranty was just over a month back. Are these guys not at all eligible to repair or replace a particular part? Or they are just there to work in the warranty period?

Just 13 months old phone and here I am without any use of my Moto G5s Plus. Such a bad experience with moto, tried 1st time as it looked promising in the price segment, but I guess moto doesn't care whatever the customer's issues are or these service center guys work on their own.

I hope if there is any solution to this problem. Or else just a regret will be left for my moto.

Hi Rocky22,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience caused. Please email us regarding this post with your contact number and device IMEI number ta apsocial@motorola.com for further assistance. We're here to help!

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms