cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
sam96181
Paper Tape
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎10-18-2016
Location: IN
Views: 924
Message 1 of 8

Moto G5s plus automatically shutdown on receiving notification

Hi,

I'm facing a wiered problem in my phone. My phone gets power off automatically when i receive some notification. I doesn't happen everytime and also not for all notifications. I tried to factory reset my phone via settings and also tried factory restore from recovery mode. But nothing helped. Is there any one else like me who is facing a similar problem. I have googled regarding this but found nothing. Please help me with a solution.

 

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 6,028
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 842
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G5s plus automatically shutdown on receiving notification


@sam96181 wrote:

Hi,

I'm facing a wiered problem in my phone. My phone gets power off automatically when i receive some notification. I doesn't happen everytime and also not for all notifications. I tried to factory reset my phone via settings and also tried factory restore from recovery mode. But nothing helped. Is there any one else like me who is facing a similar problem. I have googled regarding this but found nothing. Please help me with a solution.

 

Thanks


Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue, this is strange-- just to narrow down may I know which kind of notification is affecting your device to reboot? Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes?  

 

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Update your profile -link

 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
sam96181
Paper Tape
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎10-18-2016
Location: IN
Views: 840
Message 3 of 8

Re: Moto G5s plus automatically shutdown on receiving notification

Hello,

What I observed was for hike notification it just shutdown instantly. Not always but mostly t happens for hike notifications. So I decided to uninstall hike and tried to use my phone. But again it shutdown automatically. So just can't say which notification is causing this issue. But out of 5 shutdowns 4 shutdowns happen because of hike notification only. But I think its not the fault of hike. I suspect there is some problem with the March 1st patch update.

 

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 6,028
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 835
Message 4 of 8

Re: Moto G5s plus automatically shutdown on receiving notification


@sam96181 wrote:

Hello,

What I observed was for hike notification it just shutdown instantly. Not always but mostly t happens for hike notifications. So I decided to uninstall hike and tried to use my phone. But again it shutdown automatically. So just can't say which notification is causing this issue. But out of 5 shutdowns 4 shutdowns happen because of hike notification only. But I think its not the fault of hike. I suspect there is some problem with the March 1st patch update.

 

Thanks


Did you already test your device in safe mode? If not, please test and observe for a while let us know if the issue persists? We haven't heard of this issue, most likely this should be due to a third-party application. Let us know how it goes?

 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
tarun434
Paper Tape
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎07-15-2019
Location: IN
Views: 344
Message 5 of 8

Re: Moto G5s plus automatically shutdown on receiving notification

What the hell it is, from the last one month, twice a day i am getting this issue. It is very irritating..
So so many people are facing the issue, it might be bug or some sort of issue with the recent update. 

Could you please check this with high priority, otherwise you may loose valuble and loyal customers of motorola.

 

Please let us know once you fixed this issue to corrospnding persons

tarun434
Paper Tape
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎07-15-2019
Location: IN
Views: 338
Message 6 of 8

Re: Moto G5s plus automatically shutdown on receiving notification

What is the update on this issue guys

tarun434
Paper Tape
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎07-15-2019
Location: IN
Views: 317
Message 7 of 8

Re: Moto G5s plus automatically shutdown on receiving notification

Hi Team,

Because of the above issue, I brought one plus 7 today, and selling the old phone to others.. and will try to do not choose Moto family in future..

 

Seems like you would love to leave customers, great business plan..

 

Thank you.

 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 6,028
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 307
Message 8 of 8

Re: Moto G5s plus automatically shutdown on receiving notification


@tarun434 wrote:

What the hell it is, from the last one month, twice a day i am getting this issue. It is very irritating..
So so many people are facing the issue, it might be bug or some sort of issue with the recent update. 

Could you please check this with high priority, otherwise you may loose valuble and loyal customers of motorola.

 

Please let us know once you fixed this issue to corrospnding persons


Hi tarun434,

 

Sorry, you are facing restart issue with your device. We would like to learn more. May I know if it happens at any specific battery percentage? Have you tried testing your device in Safe Mode? If not, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

 

If this did not help, the next option would be to perform a factory data reset without restoring any apps as this should most likely resolve the issue unless its hardware. 

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Top Kudoed Authors