Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcusLopez85
Punch Card
Views: 1,277
Message 1 of 4

Moto G5s touch screen not responding after Oreo update

Hi,

I updated my Moto G5s phone last Friday (26th October 2018) to the new Android Oreo.

After the update was completed, I found that my touchscreen was no longer responding but the screen still worked fine visually.

I have tried many solutions to fixing this such as replacing the screen, clearing the cache and doing a factory reset - none of these worked.

I did not drop my phone onto the floor or into water before the update. I was freely using it like normal then I simply updated it and left it for 30 minutes to update.

Any solutions to this would be appriciated, thanks.

Marcus Lopez

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,198
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G5s touch screen not responding after Oreo update

@MarcusLopez85 wrote:

Hi,

I updated my Moto G5s phone last Friday (26th October 2018) to the new Android Oreo.

After the update was completed, I found that my touchscreen was no longer responding but the screen still worked fine visually.

I have tried many solutions to fixing this such as replacing the screen, clearing the cache and doing a factory reset - none of these worked.

I did not drop my phone onto the floor or into water before the update. I was freely using it like normal then I simply updated it and left it for 30 minutes to update.

Any solutions to this would be appriciated, thanks.

Marcus Lopez

Why did you try to replace the screen? Especially after a software update? Why not contact service before disassembly?

Now there is no way to really troubleshoot and rule out or in a hardware issue. 

Normally, i would say reset and test before restoring or installing any apps and if problem perssists, get service. 

It could have been software, but now it could be hardware. You may want to have a service center evaluate it.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
MarcusLopez85
Punch Card
Views: 1,192
Message 3 of 4

Alphadog you silly silly dog,

I replaced the screen months ago after the original screen cracked.

Worked fine for weeks apon weeks.

Suddenly, software update.

BOOM

Touch screen no longer works.

I clear cache - nothing.

I factory reset - nothing.

I check for loose screen cable - de nada.

All is fine hardware wise so I buy new screen and replace - still nothing. 

Riding from forum to forum, I have found that I am not alone in this quest.

You see, Forum believes (with good evidence) that Motorola/Lenovo have pinned this update as an attack on 3rd party screens.

All across the forums, users with 3rd party Moto G5s replacement screens have this issue.

WE WANT ANSWERS

Eagerly waiting,

Marcus Lopez

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,170
Message 4 of 4

Two things.

First, do not start new threads for existing threads on the same topic. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. There is already a long discussion on this, as you well know, so please post there. 

Second, be thoughtful about how you respond to other forum members, especially our volunteer moderators, who are here trying to help.

Locking this thread.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Top Kudoed Authors