Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JEC_50
Not applicable
Views: 263
Message 1 of 2

Moto g5s Plus battery discharging while phone is switched off

My Moto g5s Plus has been a great phone for 6 months.  The last couple of nights, however, the battery has been discharging (~60% to ~20%) overnight while the phone is switched off.  Previously I could get 2-3 days of use on  a single charge by switching the phone off at night.  Now it requires daily charging and drains overnight while off.  Any suggestions?

Agent_Kaka
Not applicable
Views: 202
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto g5s Plus battery discharging while phone is switched off

@JEC_50 wrote:

My Moto g5s Plus has been a great phone for 6 months.  The last couple of nights, however, the battery has been discharging (~60% to ~20%) overnight while the phone is switched off.  Previously I could get 2-3 days of use on  a single charge by switching the phone off at night.  Now it requires daily charging and drains overnight while off.  Any suggestions?

Hi JEC_50,

Try doing a Battery Calibration first and observe. It's best to do this at night before you go to sleep: To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate overnight.  

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors