08-25-2018

US

3 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto g5s Plus battery discharging while phone is switched off

2018-08-25, 15:20 PM

My Moto g5s Plus has been a great phone for 6 months.  The last couple of nights, however, the battery has been discharging (~60% to ~20%) overnight while the phone is switched off.  Previously I could get 2-3 days of use on  a single charge by switching the phone off at night.  Now it requires daily charging and drains overnight while off.  Any suggestions?

Options

1683 Posts

03-04-2016

IN

1015 Signins

34350 Page Views

• Views: 34350
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto g5s Plus battery discharging while phone is switched off

2018-08-27, 5:27 AM

wrote:

My Moto g5s Plus has been a great phone for 6 months.  The last couple of nights, however, the battery has been discharging (~60% to ~20%) overnight while the phone is switched off.  Previously I could get 2-3 days of use on  a single charge by switching the phone off at night.  Now it requires daily charging and drains overnight while off.  Any suggestions?

Hi JEC_50,

Try doing a Battery Calibration first and observe. It's best to do this at night before you go to sleep: To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate overnight.  

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete