Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
43ubwhere2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,439
Message 1 of 8

Moto g5s plus bluetooth

Hi

i have a cardo scala q1 bluetooth headset (for a motorcycle helmet) and am trying to connect it to a Moto G5S plus or G5s ( we have both these phones) .The problem is that although the headset connects, you cant use the button call function and voice commands whcih makes it impossible to use on a motorbike. The unit works fine on an original moto g, an iphone 6s and a range of other phones - It is bluetooth 3. 

I have tried full reset on each phone, deleting app files, turning off bluetooth scanning etc but no success. i have completely wped the settings on the bluetooth device. I have tried safe mode. The problem is exactly the same on both these phones and they are only a few days old. 

Any ideas for me?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,435
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto g5s plus bluetooth

@43ubwhere2 wrote:

Hi

i have a cardo scala q1 bluetooth headset (for a motorcycle helmet) and am trying to connect it to a Moto G5S plus or G5s ( we have both these phones) .The problem is that although the headset connects, you cant use the button call function and voice commands whcih makes it impossible to use on a motorbike. The unit works fine on an original moto g, an iphone 6s and a range of other phones - It is bluetooth 3. 

I have tried full reset on each phone, deleting app files, turning off bluetooth scanning etc but no success. i have completely wped the settings on the bluetooth device. I have tried safe mode. The problem is exactly the same on both these phones and they are only a few days old. 

Any ideas for me?

Hi 43ubwhere2

Has this been since the start? Is there a way to reset the bluetooth headset as well? If yes, have you? 

When you connect the phone to your bluetooth headset, are you able to check for the Gear icon on the right side? Please try to go into Settings > Backup & Reset > Network Settings reset > Reset Settings. Make sure that all of the options are checked. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

43ubwhere2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,413
Message 3 of 8

Hi yes this has been since I took the phone out of the box. I have completely reset the bluetooth headset device, wiped all the pairings a number of times now. yes when the phone is connected to the headset the gear icon is there, i can open it. I have tried changing the options, media/contacts etc... it doesn't change anything. 

I cant find network settings reset in the backup and reset group...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,396
Message 4 of 8

@43ubwhere2 wrote:

Hi yes this has been since I took the phone out of the box. I have completely reset the bluetooth headset device, wiped all the pairings a number of times now. yes when the phone is connected to the headset the gear icon is there, i can open it. I have tried changing the options, media/contacts etc... it doesn't change anything. 

I cant find network settings reset in the backup and reset group...

Try disabling bluetooth scanning under location services 

settings-location-3 dot menu

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
43ubwhere2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,383
Message 5 of 8

hi Ella thanks for your thoughts on this... i have already tried disabling bluetooth scanning in location, - mentioned in the first post above.

43ubwhere2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,381
Message 6 of 8

Do you think this is a fixable issue? i am returning the G5s because of this but had hoped that replacing it with a g5splus would deal with the issue. I like the the phone but the headset is quite expensive and i dont want to just discard it. i guess i could just return both phones and buy a different make if there is no solution.

@43ubwhere2 wrote:

hi Ella thanks for your thoughts on this... i have already tried disabling bluetooth scanning in location, - mentioned in the first post above.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,330
Message 7 of 8

@43ubwhere2 wrote:

Do you think this is a fixable issue? i am returning the G5s because of this but had hoped that replacing it with a g5splus would deal with the issue. I like the the phone but the headset is quite expensive and i dont want to just discard it. i guess i could just return both phones and buy a different make if there is no solution.

@43ubwhere2 wrote:

Hi 43ubwhere2

Can you go to Settings > Bluetooth > Gear and make sure all the options are checked. Also to Device Help > Fix > Hardware Tests > Bluetooth. If this hasn't helped, as well ressetting with no restore then sad to say but you can return the phone back. 

- Ella

Highlighted
MotorUser
What's DOS?
Views: 61
Message 8 of 8

My Moto G5s Plus does not connect to my car stereo which is of Sony make(not sure of the model). The phone detects and connects to all other BT devices nearby except the car stereo. Surprisingly, my old Moto G (1st Gen) used to work perfectly fine with the same car stereo. Is there any issue with Moto G5s Plus then? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Kudoed Authors