Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jesemalave1
SCSI Port
Views: 11,570
Message 11 of 3,909

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

That is true I'm really surprised with xiomi but I spoke with a representative and this January should be out for g5s

Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 11,518
Message 12 of 3,909

The Xiaomi MiA1 is an official AndroidOne device, which would explain why it's getting updates so much faster than the Moto G5S/Plus (which is not an AndroidOne device).  While you're all at it, why don't you complain that it's not a Pixel phone?  

The reason for the delay of Oreo for this phone is most likely due to this phone being originally released with a 32-bit OS and Oreo is 64-bit.  That makes an OTA update a wee bit more difficult.

Eldhose007
SCSI Port
Views: 11,505
Message 13 of 3,909

Makes sense for the delay in oreo but can't give an excuse for October 1 security patch.

Somee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,453
Message 14 of 3,909

wt bout nokia ppl they r so good in software updates they released oreo for almost all their devices.

@Internetpilot wrote:

The Xiaomi MiA1 is an official AndroidOne device, which would explain why it's getting updates so much faster than the Moto G5S/Plus (which is not an AndroidOne device).  While you're all at it, why don't you complain that it's not a Pixel phone?  

The reason for the delay of Oreo for this phone is most likely due to this phone being originally released with a 32-bit OS and Oreo is 64-bit.  That makes an OTA update a wee bit more difficult.

Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 11,385
Message 15 of 3,909

@Eldhose007 wrote:

Makes sense for the delay in oreo but can't give an excuse for October 1 security patch.

What's the issue with the October security patch? I have it. This phone was released in August (September in the USA where I am). Would you rather they release it without any testing at all?

Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 11,376
Message 16 of 3,909

@Somee wrote:

wt bout nokia ppl they r so good in software updates they released oreo for almost all their devices.

Nokia almost failed because of their lousy phone builds and poor choices of operating systems, so they had to come up with a new strategy to get people to buy their phones again and that strategy as stated on their website, is that you get pure Android with no modifications whatsoever. This allows them to get updates out exponentially faster, but it also means you get no extra features at all, not even ones that are included on the (now) Pixels or (previous) Nexus phones. They are the most boring, vanilla, basic Android phones on the market today. If you want an unremarkable phone, then buy a Nokia. You get to choose from a whopping four phone models.

All that being said, the Nokia 6 just got the Oreo 8.0 beta on December 19th. Whatever we get and whenever we get it, at least it won't be a beta.

Personally, Nokia isn't even an option because none of their four models work on my provider.

Eldhose007
SCSI Port
Views: 11,330
Message 17 of 3,909

@Internetpilot wrote:

@Eldhose007 wrote:

What's the issue with the October security patch? I have it. This phone was released in August (September in the USA where I am). Would you rather they release it without any testing at all?

You don't expect the recent model of a smartphone company having 2-3 months old security patch.Even the older models have got November update. You definitely can't explain that. Lenovo is an international brand, so it's expected to bring out updates at least close to their competitors not after decades.

Jesemalave1
SCSI Port
Views: 11,263
Message 18 of 3,909

We should get the update very soon. Smiley Happy

Tested working excelente (wink) 

Eldhose007
SCSI Port
Views: 11,241
Message 19 of 3,909

What's the source of your information? I mean to say how are you so sure about it

Jesemalave1
SCSI Port
Views: 6,889
Message 20 of 3,909

Just be sure it will be out sometime before the end of this month

Top Kudoed Authors