Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Autotraker
HDMI
Views: 9,259
Message 2071 of 3,928

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

All these reports that Oreo is being distributed are based on the images and report by Emanuel Bernardo on the Google+ group.

No other users have reported receiving the update. I'll repeat that, Not a single user expect for Emanuel Bernardo has confirmed they have received the Oreo update. I emailed a buddy of mine in Brazil who works in a Moto store and he said, NO one has recived this update that he knows of.

It appears to me its a hoax, fake, lie, unreal, phony, fake news, or whatever you want to call it.

THILAK_KUMAR
Blue Screen Again
Views: 9,245
Message 2072 of 3,928

lol..still now no response 😂😂

THILAK_KUMAR
Blue Screen Again
Views: 9,245
Message 2073 of 3,928

Bro really Xiaomi is very bad than Motorola in providing android updates..they just concentrate only on their UI..the best thing they have done is only with mi a1

Autotraker
HDMI
Views: 9,115
Message 2074 of 3,928

@Intel_inside wrote:

@Pranav007 wrote:

@Intel_inside wrote:

@Pranav007 wrote:

@Intel_inside wrote:

@RockyKp wrote:

That screenshot canbe from Soak test. There are so many such screenshots and videos online. Just Google it .

So you're telling the user went straight from 7.1.1 to the 5th soak test update, skipping everything else in between? 

Is it compulsory to update your phone from 7.1.1 to 1st , 2nd ,3rd ,4th and then 5th soak test

It's software you can directly install 5th soak test

Soak testers were selected back in June (that's when the soak test actually began), so if the person is actually a soak tester, he would've obviously installed the previous soak test builds.

I remember my g5s plus had June 2017 patch when I bought it. I had to install around 3 or 4 updates before I got the latest software installed. I couldn't just skip directly to the latest build.

Those were OTA updates

But if a person what's to install 5th build directly , they can download zip extension and enjoy latest updates 

Only OTA updates have to go step by step

But if someone wants to flash , there is no step restriction

Did you even bother reading the article? The user posted a screenshot of the OTA update, which clearly means that he or she did NOT flash it manually. Please stop being so ignorant.

Wrong. In order to install the last beta OTA update you can just download it, rename and place it in the right folder. Within a few minutes, a message will pop up that says you received a new upgrade, do you want to install. I forget the URL I got it from along with the directions. I didn't install it because I couldn't confirm if I'd still receive the real OTA if I installed the beta. I suspect it's that last Beta he posted screen shots from and not the final OTA. 

STDog
Token Ring
Views: 9,099
Message 2075 of 3,928

@Internetpilot wrote:
I don't know why any consumer would want VoLTE.  Most carriers offer free mobile to mobile voice calls and at least ample periods of time daily that mobile to landline is free.  Data (LTE) is typically not unlimited or free, so why would you want to use LTE for your voice calls? 

Lets see...
Simultanious voice and data with some carriers (CDMA carriers)
Higher bandwith audio codec so clearer, easier to undersand and recognize voice.
VoLTE uses a separate channel and does NOT count as data usage, it counts as voice usage.

And at least one big US carrier is switchingto only VoLTE at the end of 2019.

Now I don't know about the specific carriers in India, but seems odd that the G5G5+ supports VoLTE on hundreds of carriers worldwide but it doesn't work with that one. I have to fault the carrier for not following international standards.

STDog
Token Ring
Views: 9,082
Message 2076 of 3,928

@John_Dee wrote:

@Internetpilot

The lack of either, on its own, would seem to be a pretty major oversight.

With 128GB built in, additional storage isn't really needed.

With Bluetooth and USB audio, a separate headphone jack isn't either. But if you must, there are USB-C to 1/8" phone adapters to let you use old headphones. The PH-1 even comes with one. If you want to use both USB and headphones, adapters exist (less than $10).

STDog
Token Ring
Views: 9,057
Message 2077 of 3,928

@John_Dee wrote:

@bhavesh_rawat_ wrote:

......as we know g6, g6play , i mean g6 series will get android pie too.....

.....g5s plus , g5 plus has got better chipsets than g6 and g6 play.....

Just curious, are either of these statements factually accurate?

Well, Motorola has announced that the G6 family will get P. As to when, you see how O is going on the G5 family.

Yes the G5+ and G5s+ have a better chipseyt than the G6 and G6 play.
The 5+ family have SD625. While the G6+ has a SD630, the G6 and G6 play only got SD450 and 430 (respecively).

I would buy a G6+ if it was released in the US with the same carrier support (Verizon in particular).
But I would not pick the G6 over the G5+.

The G6/G6 play CPU isn't signifigantly better than the E4+ with it's SD427 (the quad core vs octo core not being a particularly big deal for most uses)

Highlighted
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 9,359
Message 2078 of 3,928

Hello everyone, I know many of you have been eagerly awaiting Oreo for your Moto G5S Plus. I'm happy to say that we've started rolling out the Oreo update in phases in India and Brazil. Please be patient as not all devices in India and Brazil will get the update immediately. Other regions are still pending and will get the update in the future.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
nareshpillella
Serial Port
Views: 9,036
Message 2079 of 3,928

If anybody from india gets it ..... Post it .....
ShivamRathore26
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,027
Message 2080 of 3,928

The Talk about Android Q is started & here we don't even seen face of Android O. You are doing great Motorola. 

Some link from XDA Developers thattwork on Android Q is started. [Removed] 

***Due to the nature of rooting/modifying on XDA, links to the site are removed***

Top Kudoed Authors