cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Karthik16121993
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎09-12-2018
Location: IN
Views: 1,019
Message 2311 of 3,890

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

I got the update automatically

PCMR
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎07-25-2017
Location: IN
Views: 998
Message 2312 of 3,890

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

Really! I thought it would be after 3000 years later

Rohitkrbarik
SCSI Port
Posts: 74
Registered: ‎02-02-2018
Location: IN
Views: 986
Message 2313 of 3,890

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

You might have read this quote "When people cheat in any arena, they diminish themselves—they threaten their own self-esteem and their relationships with others by undermining the trust they have in". 

 

So if lenovo/motorola try to cheat by not providing updates to g5 series, they will dig their own grave and It will not take much time to kick them out of India which people of India already done for some cheaters.

 

Coming to G6 series, by looking into the specifications, price and sales, I am not thinking they are going last for at least 6 months in market. So even though they provide android p,q,r or whatever they want, they will eventually get discarded by the people.

 

"It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend"

Manukavi588
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎09-01-2018
Location: IN
Views: 941
Message 2314 of 3,890

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

Motorola is a nonsense company, it is only making money, it does not care about the customer's ambition. I say that no moto phone is taken.

 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 27,458
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 931
Message 2315 of 3,890

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update


@John_Dee wrote:

@prayerson wrote:

Xiaomi and Oppo are now giving tough competition (to Lenovo).


It is quite clear that Lenovo have lost control of the narrative on the release of an OS update for the Moto G5 series mobile phones.

They have on this forum at various times said that they would not comment on future software release plans.

They now appear formally to have announced the roll-out of Android 8.1 in India and Brazil and yet nobody appears actually to have received it.

 

The most sensible course of action now is for Lenovo formally to announce that there will never be an update to the OS on the obsolete Moto G5 series mobile phones and to focus all their efforts on a timely release of Android 9.x for the Moto G6 series and other current mobile phones.


What narrative? What did they lose conrol over? They said they would not give dates, and they have not. Then last week, a Motorola Employee made a statement on these forums that it has started. A few users replied they had received an update, and everyone accused them of lying. 

 

Today more users have said they got the update, but there is still an accusation that no one has received it.

 

Why, after an employee says the update is rolling out, would "the most sensible course of action" be to announce there is no update? Where is the logic in that? 

 

By the logic on this thread, Moto would be better off as "cheater, liars, fakers" and keep saying the update is coming as that is the "marketing strategy to sell the G6" - right?

 

Just because few users on this forum got the update right away, doesn't mean it didn't roll out starting when Motorola Tom said it would. There are a lot more phone owners then ever show up on forums. 


* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Meenan_07
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-07-2018
Location: IN
Views: 795
Message 2316 of 3,890

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

Fed up with the Motorola .... no Oreo update till now for Motog5plus ... ND I'm from India
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Posts: 0
Views: 708
Message 2317 of 3,890

.

.

Highlighted
John_Dee
Token Ring
Posts: 384
Registered: ‎01-03-2018
Location: GB
Views: 637
Message 2318 of 3,890

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update


@AlphaDog wrote:

@John_Dee wrote:

@prayerson wrote:

Xiaomi and Oppo are now giving tough competition (to Lenovo).


It is quite clear that Lenovo have lost control of the narrative on the release of an OS update for the Moto G5 series mobile phones.

They have on this forum at various times said that they would not comment on future software release plans.

They now appear formally to have announced the roll-out of Android 8.1 in India and Brazil and yet nobody appears actually to have received it.

 

The most sensible course of action now is for Lenovo formally to announce that there will never be an update to the OS on the obsolete Moto G5 series mobile phones and to focus all their efforts on a timely release of Android 9.x for the Moto G6 series and other current mobile phones.


What narrative? What did they lose conrol over? They said they would not give dates, and they have not. Then last week, a Motorola Employee made a statement on these forums that it has started. A few users replied they had received an update, and everyone accused them of lying. 

 

Today more users have said they got the update, but there is still an accusation that no one has received it.

 

Why, after an employee says the update is rolling out, would "the most sensible course of action" be to announce there is no update? Where is the logic in that? 

 

By the logic on this thread, Moto would be better off as "cheater, liars, fakers" and keep saying the update is coming as that is the "marketing strategy to sell the G6" - right?

 

Just because few users on this forum got the update right away, doesn't mean it didn't roll out starting when Motorola Tom said it would. There are a lot more phone owners then ever show up on forums. 


Let me take this one step at a time:

  • "What narrative? What did they lose conrol over?" The narrative to which some people seem to have subscribed that Lenovo led people to believe that they would receive an OS update in a timely manner - i.e. before yet another version of Android had been released.  You might argue that people were foolish to believe such a thing but they did.  Lenovo should have been clearer and very much faster in disabusing people.
  • "They said they would not give dates, and they have not." Quite true, Lenovo eventually and from time to time said that they would not give release dates - well done!
  • "Then last week, a Motorola Employee made a statement on these forums that it has started. A few users replied they had received an update, and everyone accused them of lying." As you say, a few users.  Frankly, not very convincing.
  • "Why, after an employee says the update is rolling out, would "the most sensible course of action" be to announce there is no update? Where is the logic in that?"  Because the "roll-out" is incredibly slow and not very convincing.  If you know of reasons for this sluggishness, do please tell.
  • "Just because few users on this forum got the update right away, doesn't mean it didn't roll out starting when Motorola Tom said it would. There are a lot more phone owners then ever show up on forums." As you say "few users on this forum". This is where I come back to my assertion that Lenovo has lost control of the narrative.  Perhaps Lenovo is tearing its hair out trying to get the OS update out to a few people in two markets - perhaps not, we are unlikely ever to know.  Do you ever travel by plane?  Do you get really "ticked off" when your caring carrier doesn't bother to tell you about a delay because you really aren't all that important?

Finally, just to clarify - personally I don't particularly want an updated OS which is clearly causing massive QA problems for Lenovo and is likely to be pushed out of the door with known issues.  I just hope that Lenovo learns something from this omnishambles and does better in the future - e.g. with Android 9.x for the Moto G6 series and other current mobile phones..

Apeeksiht
Serial Port
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎05-31-2018
Location: IN
Views: 628
Message 2319 of 3,890

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update


@Karthik16121993 wrote:

I got the update automatically


This person is paid or some fake alibi of the moto supporters. I checked his account it was made today. He wasn't even there from the beginning and just came here to post a screenshot to control the rage of moto users. This is fake. There would be lakhs of moto g5s plus sold in Indian market and same goes for Brazil market but why only one or two unknown people pops up from nowhere and states that he got oreo. Sounds fishy isn't it? 

Joy1988
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-16-2018
Location: IN
Views: 602
Message 2320 of 3,890

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

Got the update today morning. Its 8.1.0

Top Kudoed Authors