Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmg__09
Blue Screen Again
Views: 471
Message 3891 of 3,897

January 2018 security patch. Problem.

I would like to know when January security patch was released for Moto G5 S Plus because when I reviewed my settings in device security section it was saying that update was available but when I checked  for the update application said that your system is up to date please help me with that issue check the regularly for updates but application says your system is up to date

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190311-212141.png

Shape
Paper Tape
Views: 459
Message 3892 of 3,897

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

I passed months of rage against my Moto G5S Plus and its countless problems, most of all this two:

1. WiFi issue

2. Battery draining by Bluetooth module

I finally change it with a brand new smartphone, obviously not a Moto/Lenovo one. I never changed my smartphone before three (even four!) years of use. This time I was really frustrated: The Moto isn't 2 years old.

Now it's finally a pleasure browsing on the smartphone, working with the smartphone, *using* the smartphone.

Bye bye Moto, see You never.

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 408
Message 3893 of 3,897

@Shape wrote:

I passed months of rage against my Moto G5S Plus and its countless problems, most of all this two:

1. WiFi issue

2. Battery draining by Bluetooth module

I finally change it with a brand new smartphone, obviously not a Moto/Lenovo one. I never changed my smartphone before three (even four!) years of use. This time I was really frustrated: The Moto isn't 2 years old.

Now it's finally a pleasure browsing on the smartphone, working with the smartphone, *using* the smartphone.

Bye bye Moto, see You never.

puhLEEEEZE TAKE US WITH YOU!!!!!!

JudgeG
What's DOS?
Views: 280
Message 3894 of 3,897

I did finally receive an Oreo update for my Moto G5s XT1794 a couple of weeks ago. Oreo 8.1 was released in December 2017 by Google! And Motorola released it to my device in 2019! 

My XT1794 had dreadful battery life and that's why I really wanted the Oreo update. But there was no communication from Motorola about why the update for my phone was taking so long to arrive.

I actually enjoyed using the phone apart from the battery life issue.

Instead of being angry, I voted with my wallet. I had to buy two mobile phones for Christmas presents and had initially thought to get Motorola devices. But since there was still no word on the Oreo update for my XT1794 in December 2018, I decided to go with an LG and a Huawei instead. Both devices are working perfectly and the people who received them are very happy.

I used my XT1794 for about 4 months and gave up. I have a new phone.

I'm still not angry - just disappointed. I let friends know who are considering purchasing a new mobile phone about my experiences with Motorola - and they can make up their own minds if they want to put themselves through the same thing or not.

shaker3000
Paper Tape
Views: 238
Message 3895 of 3,897

i had the same problem with mine after 8.1 update did some reserch and cant quit remember but there's a way to reset the battery or recalibrate the charging i think it was and it fixed mine

sms_zee
Paper Tape
Views: 143
Message 3896 of 3,897

Re: Moto G5s Plus - no security updates (RETGB) since June 2017!

Me too
BriannaDiaz
What's DOS?
Views: 85
Message 3897 of 3,897

yes, I have updated my phone but I m having a problem in my phone in this version cash app not support properly when i try to make a payment every time my cash app payment failed what can I do? it's not working properly I have contact with my cash app payment department they told me we can't do anything in this case because the problem is on your phone.

Top Kudoed Authors