Did you mean: 
genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 668
Message 3861 of 3,886

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

@sword1 wrote:

@AkashJain0900 

no way. lenovo smart assistant stucks on "fastboot connecting" but nothing happens.

tried to repeat flash procedure with unlocked  bootloader but no success...

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 664
Message 3862 of 3,886

@sword1 wrote:

@AkashJain0900 

no way. lenovo smart assistant stucks on "fastboot connecting" but nothing happens.

tried to repeat flash procedure with unlocked  bootloader but no success...

at moto, Quality is job 1.1

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 663
Message 3863 of 3,886

@EvK76 wrote:

Moto don't care anymore, they have your money and now please go away and stop reminding Moto of their failure to deliver a real Oreo update, instead of the Nougat facelift they dare to call Oreo. You're not missing anything its stil 32 bit the bluetooth sucks the fingerprint scanner is slow as ...... and it hangs and stutters on the simpelest tasks.

They're not even capable of delivering regular security updates so a major update is something short of a miracle.

Abhorent corporate citizen.  

genacgenac
Punch Card
Message 3864 of 3,886

@AkashJain0900 wrote:

Try updating your phone using Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant

So a lenovo update breaks your phone and you suggest a lenovo update.  Splendid logic.

genacgenac
Punch Card
Message 3865 of 3,886

@Slimo wrote:

I check the availability of updates almost every day. The system claims it is up to date. You do not know what you're writing about, buddy.

please explain, i don't understand the context.  Thank you, GG

EvK76
Punch Card
Views: 622
Message 3866 of 3,886

Oh no the troll is awake.
Slimo
Punch Card
Views: 605
Message 3867 of 3,886

I could not sleep that night and I was browsing the forum, I thought I would quote Akash's answer and it came out as it came out. I apologize for post without context Smiley Wink
Slimo
Punch Card
Views: 602
Message 3868 of 3,886

When it comes to lenovo smart assistant. This software sucks. First of all, I can not do phone update on it. Secondly, when I want to log in to my account, it claims that my mail / login is incorrect. Which, of course, is nonsense. The program tells you to install some lenovo bridge, because I can not register the product through the website. They ask you to download a spreadsheet that you must complete and send. Another absurdity made by lenovo. When I want to set up a new account by lenovo smart assistant, this dubious program does not include dots in the email name. Really Lenovo?

Tributh
What's DOS?
Views: 405
Message 3869 of 3,886

I have the same: Moto G5S. xt1794. reteu No update. Is there anybody out there, who can give more information about a possible release date? Want to know if it is really coming....waiting for soooo long now.
EvK76
Punch Card
Views: 398
Message 3870 of 3,886

Well I'm afraid you're out of luck then. Haven't seen a moderator in this topic for a while and they keep closing newly opened topics about the Oreo facelift, and pointing everyone to this topic which then gets ignored.

Don't hold your breath till it comes, its not really worth it, its only a facelift which took them over year to mock up over Nougat. Its still 32 bits so I hope all your favourite apps keep on releasing 32 bit versions for a while. And for me the fingerprint scanner is not as good it was , bluetooth has problems reconnecting to paired devices, the device is lagging at times.

In the end I would rather have seen they put their energy in releasing monthly security patches then this sad excuse they call Oreo.

Top Kudoed Authors