Did you mean: 
genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 368
Message 3901 of 3,928

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

@rhlgvl wrote:

Dear Sir,

Oreo update is still not available to me please solve this issue as i heard Moto G5s plus already released oreo update

Do not apply Oreo, or any other Moto update.  These fora are full of horror stories regarding everything from WiFi failures to battery drain related to Oreo and security updates.  Every Friday I am reminded to apply updates and I defer it until the next week.  I shall defer it forever.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 344
Message 3902 of 3,928

@genacgenac wrote:

@rhlgvl wrote:

Dear Sir,

Oreo update is still not available to me please solve this issue as i heard Moto G5s plus already released oreo update

Do not apply Oreo, or any other Moto update.  These fora are full of horror stories regarding everything from WiFi failures to battery drain related to Oreo and security updates.  Every Friday I am reminded to apply updates and I defer it until the next week.  I shall defer it forever.

That is poor advice for others, and let me tell you why I think that.

You may do as you wish with your phone in terms of updating/not updating, but the manufacturer can typically support only one OS version per device.

Please remember that the "horror" stories you hear are not necessarily caused by the update...in fact, most are not.  When a user has contributed to their own upgrade problems, we rarely hear about what they did.  For example, they ran out of battery power, or the phone was doing some other really big task right in the middle of the upgrade, or they unlocked the bootloader, or picked up the upgrade file off of some site, and it's missing something (or had something added)...there are more possibilities, but that's pretty much where it stands.  

People come here when there's a problem, and so we tend think the whole experience is negative, when it isn't.  Please just keep that in mind, as you think about this.

John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 337
Message 3903 of 3,928

Do not apply Oreo, or any other Moto update.

I for one can't agree with this advice; there are many aspects of Lenovo's behaviour with which I disagree but having updated a while ago I have noticed no problems at all.

Autotraker
HDMI
Views: 331
Message 3904 of 3,928

@John_Dee wrote:

Do not apply Oreo, or any other Moto update.

I for one can't agree with this advice; there are many aspects of Lenovo's behaviour with which I disagree but having updated a while ago I have noticed no problems at all.

I agree. I've had zero issues since upgrading. If anything the phone runs better than it ever has. I still will not forgive Lenovo for how long it took to receive the upgrade nor the lack of security patches. I will take that into account when it's time to replace this phone.

carlagain
Punch Card
Views: 295
Message 3905 of 3,928

Seems no issues here for me with latest update... But i do see my proximity sensor seems to be iffy... 

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 246
Message 3906 of 3,928

When did you apply the update, and roughly when was it released. Thx.
genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 242
Message 3907 of 3,928

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 241
Message 3908 of 3,928

praveenraher
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 151
Message 3909 of 3,928

While phone is in charing screen always remain on even while  Screen inactivity time is 30 seconds. Developer option is also turned off. T

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 107
Message 3910 of 3,928

@praveenraher wrote:

While phone is in charing screen always remain on even while  Screen inactivity time is 30 seconds. Developer option is also turned off. T

Thanks for posting, could you try enabling the Developer option and find the 'Stay awake' > check to see if the settings are enabled? If enabled >> please disable and observe. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support 

Top Kudoed Authors