Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 306
Message 3921 of 3,928

Re: Moto g5s plus oreo update

Because of literally thousands of complaints. If it ain't broke, don't break it.
STDog
Token Ring
Views: 288
Message 3922 of 3,928

@genacgenac wrote:

Look up risk/reward.  What is the reward imparted by Oreo?  What functionality does it improve?

If this list is complete, you'd have to be a numskull to shoulder the risk.

Too funny. For months virtually nothing but people demanding O for the G5 family. Those of use in no hurry were lambasted here fpor not pressing or suggesting O added nothing pressing.

Now, months later the opposite?

But now there is a pressing need. No security updates for N. While before a few wanted to stay on N and get updates, now there's no choice. You have to be on O to get any security fixes.

Autotraker
HDMI
Views: 284
Message 3923 of 3,928

@STDog wrote:

@genacgenac wrote:

Look up risk/reward.  What is the reward imparted by Oreo?  What functionality does it improve?

If this list is complete, you'd have to be a numskull to shoulder the risk.

Too funny. For months virtually nothing but people demanding O for the G5 family. Those of use in no hurry were lambasted here fpor not pressing or suggesting O added nothing pressing.

Now, months later the opposite?

But now there is a pressing need. No security updates for N. While before a few wanted to stay on N and get updates, now there's no choice. You have to be on O to get any security fixes.

What security updates? I haven't seen a security update since February 1st. We have been abused and forgotten by Lenovo so switch brands or get a G7 if you want security upgrades. 

STDog
Token Ring
Views: 279
Message 3924 of 3,928

@Autotraker wrote:

@STDog

What security updates? I haven't seen a security update since February 1st. We have been abused and forgotten by Lenovo so switch brands or get a G7 if you want security upgrades. 

Didn't say there had been, just that if there are any they will be to the O release not N.
But there were a few for O while none for N after O was released.

The G5+ here has been retired so I haven't kept track.

If I ever put it back in use, it'll get a custom, 64 bit O or P ROM.

LuciL2
Punch Card
Views: 265
Message 3925 of 3,928

There were total 3 security updates during Oreo. 

https://www.insidetechno.com/android-security-update-moto-g5s-plus/

Aug 2018 - Bundled with Oreo update

Oct 2018

Feb 2019

Also, I've seen news that Moto One getting May security patch. So I think it's may around the corner for Moto G5 family. 

SMDoyle
Punch Card
Views: 220
Message 3926 of 3,928

Simply put people who wanted and expected updates and support left Motonovo. They went to other companies and bought their phones and managed to get the support and service they expected here. I suspect that like me they also told everyone they knew looking for a new phone to run like hell from Motonovo and offered a range of companies that would provide prompt support and service. So what you have left are the people that realising there is no hope asking for fixes are asking for the ability to rollback to what they wanted from their phone worked.

LuciL2
Punch Card
Views: 181
Message 3927 of 3,928

As I mentioned in my last comment that another security update is around the corner, finally it's rolling out for Moto G5s Plus as reported in this post.

Few more fixes and improvements are also included in this update. It has official release notes page too.

https://support.motorola.com/in/en/solution/MS139596

carlagain
Punch Card
Views: 159
Message 3928 of 3,928

Thats funny as im still got Feb 1st 2019 and my phone says there is no update
Top Kudoed Authors