08-24-2018

IN

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 4

MotoG5s battery issue

2018-08-24, 0:52 AM

I bought MotoG5s two months back. I dropped it and after that whenever i use it its  battery decreases rapidly. Like 2% in 12 min. I can use full 100% charged phone only for hours not for days .Please suggest me some solution.

Options

1675 Posts

03-04-2016

IN

1007 Signins

34245 Page Views

• Views: 34245
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: MotoG5s battery issue

2018-08-24, 6:58 AM

wrote:

I bought MotoG5s two months back. I dropped it and after that whenever i use it its  battery decreases rapidly. Like 2% in 12 min. I can use full 100% charged phone only for hours not for days .Please suggest me some solution.

Hi Shivani_30,

Sorry to hear about that. Let me help you. Try calibrating your battery. To calibrate the battery Hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. See if it helps.

Generally, the act of dropping your phone should not inflict further harm on your battery. Although this comes with a caveat: Current lithium technology relies on internal carbon electrodes which gradually crack and crumble which is why battery-life just keeps getting shorter and shorter.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

08-24-2018

IN

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-08-24, 12:40 PM

Hello Agent_Kaka,

Thanks for the solution but i tried this and it could help me. Is therr Anything else which i could try?.

Options

1675 Posts

03-04-2016

IN

1007 Signins

34245 Page Views

• Views: 34245
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-08-27, 5:20 AM

wrote:

Hello Agent_Kaka,

Thanks for the solution but i tried this and it could help me. Is therr Anything else which i could try?.

Or

A lot of factors come into play when it comes to the battery performance of the phone. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, the age of the battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, voice, data, and other application usage patterns.

-Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save