Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

26 Posts

07-15-2017

United States of America

197 Signins

678 Page Views

• Views: 678
  • Message 1 of 6

Motorola Phones

2018-09-02, 14:23 PM

I have the Motorola G5S Plus phone. For the most part it is a great phone with tremendous value vs price. Still no Oreo, but that is a tired subject. I would have bought the G6 Plus, but I live in the United States and service is thru Verizon. That was a real miss for Lenovo/Motorola as I'm sure there are many that feel the same way here. 

Motorola releases news the other day of One and One Power and there is no mention of the US market. Again, this is very dissapointing. You had great momentum with phones last year and now you are starting to limit the US market with unlocked variants of the E and G series phones. Not announcing the One for the US market I believe is a huge failure for your marketing and future growth of Motorola. You had me with the G5S Plus, but you are quickly losing me with your marketing and product release plans. Again I'm sure there is a huge consensus similar to mine. You should really evaluate your own marketing strategy, because you lost what great interest I had in Motorola going forward. Thank you.

Options

419 Posts

01-03-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

374 Signins

4070 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 4070
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Motorola Phones

2018-09-03, 9:53 AM

There appears to be no mention of the Motorola One and One Power for the UK market either.

I suspect that it is not available for the very reasons that someone might want it - it uses Android One, it has (next to) no bloatware and the carriers don't like it.  There is an excellent review on "Trusted Reviews".

Still, it is a very recently announced product and it may yet come to our shores.

Options

52 Posts

11-15-2017

189 Signins

1354 Page Views

• Views: 1354
  • Message 3 of 6

2018-09-03, 12:07 PM

wrote:

There appears to be no mention of the Motorola One and One Power for the UK market either.

Apart from being the first phone displayed on https://www.motorola.co.uk/home ?

Options

419 Posts

01-03-2018

374 Signins

4070 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2018-09-03, 12:40 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Apart from being the first phone displayed on https://www.motorola.co.uk/home ?

Reasonable comment but so far as I can tell, it is not currently available in the UK.  It does appear to be targeted at the Third World for some strange reason.

However, the Motorola One is a very recently announced product and it may yet come to UK shores.

Options

52 Posts

11-15-2017

189 Signins

1354 Page Views

• Views: 1354
  • Message 5 of 6

2018-09-03, 13:20 PM
Don't see anything strange in their geographical focus. With ~1.7% of a saturated and mature market in the UK vs ~4% in a market of 1.3Bn people that is still experiencing huge growth, I know where I'd be concentrating.
Options

419 Posts

01-03-2018

374 Signins

4070 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2018-09-03, 23:22 PM

wrote:
Don't see anything strange in their geographical focus. With ~1.7% of a saturated and mature market in the UK vs ~4% in a market of 1.3Bn people that is still experiencing huge growth, I know where I'd be concentrating.

You are quite right, I should not have called the decision "strange", it probably makes perfect sense for Lenovo in marketing terms.

A more appropriate word would have been "disappointing", I would far rather have a mobile phone with a stripped down OS and an uncluttered UI than one stuffed to the gills with unwanted dross.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms