Did you mean: 
PizeltheTwizel
Paper Tape
Views: 484
Message 1 of 11

My messages don't works!

Hello,

first of all I'm french so sorry if my english is bad^^'

So since Christmas 2017, I have a Moto G5s. First, I was really happy about it, because before I had a Wiko Rainbow, and it was truely bad x) and I love the camera, which takes truely good pictures if it have enough light (but it's better not talking about when it's in low light x3)!

But I quickly find a BIG problem (2 to be honest):

-first, wich is nothing in comparison of the second, is that the notification led is here but don't work, and the number of messages isn't show on the app icon. It's really annoying because these features are really useful.

-second, the worst, is that the message app DON'T WORK AT ALL!! It's Android Message (default app), and the app crash everytime I open it, without reason, even if I have close the app. The messages takes toooooo many time to be send, and the worst part is that the app says that EVERY messages were'nt send (see on the pic), but it's not the case, and the problem is that I can't know when the message is or isn't send. And sometimes I don't receive a message, randomly... Another problem with this app is that I can't easily switch between conversations without lag or crash.

I was wondering if it can comes from the operator, but I switch recently and nothing changes (I was with Orange, I'm now with SFR).

It's really annoying because the bas of a smartphone is to call and receive/send message, and when the default app from a 30€ phone works better than a Google's developped app on a 150€ phone, it's embarassing^^'

Maybe Andoid Message isn't optimized for the architecture of the moto G5s, but in this case it would be nice to have a default moto app for messages, like the files explorer for example.

Thanks for reading and I expect that you can help me!

Pizel

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 461
Message 2 of 11

Re: My messages don't works!

@PizeltheTwizel wrote:

Hello,

first of all I'm french so sorry if my english is bad^^'

So since Christmas 2017, I have a Moto G5s. First, I was really happy about it, because before I had a Wiko Rainbow, and it was truely bad x) and I love the camera, which takes truely good pictures if it have enough light (but it's better not talking about when it's in low light x3)!

But I quickly find a BIG problem (2 to be honest):

-first, wich is nothing in comparison of the second, is that the notification led is here but don't work, and the number of messages isn't show on the app icon. It's really annoying because these features are really useful.

-second, the worst, is that the message app DON'T WORK AT ALL!! It's Android Message (default app), and the app crash everytime I open it, without reason, even if I have close the app. The messages takes toooooo many time to be send, and the worst part is that the app says that EVERY messages were'nt send (see on the pic), but it's not the case, and the problem is that I can't know when the message is or isn't send. And sometimes I don't receive a message, randomly... Another problem with this app is that I can't easily switch between conversations without lag or crash.

I was wondering if it can comes from the operator, but I switch recently and nothing changes (I was with Orange, I'm now with SFR).

It's really annoying because the bas of a smartphone is to call and receive/send message, and when the default app from a 30€ phone works better than a Google's developped app on a 150€ phone, it's embarassing^^'

Maybe Andoid Message isn't optimized for the architecture of the moto G5s, but in this case it would be nice to have a default moto app for messages, like the files explorer for example.

Thanks for reading and I expect that you can help me!

Pizel

Have you tested the messages app in safe mode? Have you tried a different messages app in the play store? 

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
PizeltheTwizel
Paper Tape
Views: 457
Message 3 of 11

Yes, I've ever try other apps but even if they were way faster, I didn't receive all messages, worst than with Nadroid Message.

For the safe mode, I'm gonna try but I have 2 questions: is there any risk? like delete all of the appdata or not default apps? And if it works better in safe mode, will it finally work when I'll be back in normal mode?

PizeltheTwizel
Paper Tape
Views: 455
Message 4 of 11

*Android Message
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 448
Message 5 of 11

@PizeltheTwizel wrote:

Yes, I've ever try other apps but even if they were way faster, I didn't receive all messages, worst than with Nadroid Message.

For the safe mode, I'm gonna try but I have 2 questions: is there any risk? like delete all of the appdata or not default apps? And if it works better in safe mode, will it finally work when I'll be back in normal mode?

Safe mode is temporary. It will stop 3rd party apps from running, but when you reboot again, all is back to normal. It is a risk free way to troubleshoot. No data is deleted. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
PizeltheTwizel
Paper Tape
Views: 390
Message 6 of 11

So I'm currently in safe mode, and it's at least as bad as before. It crashs and don't send messages.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 374
Message 7 of 11

@PizeltheTwizel wrote:

So I'm currently in safe mode, and it's at least as bad as before. It crashs and don't send messages.

The next step then is a full reset and test before restoring or installing any apps.

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

PizeltheTwizel
Paper Tape
Views: 323
Message 8 of 11

I'll try it, can u advice me for making a backup, like how to save all my data on my pc and restore it after the reset?

Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 286
Message 9 of 11

Before you reset the entire phone, I would try uninstalling all Google Messages updates so it reverts back to the version of Google Messages that comes on the ROM.  Then try using Messages.  Then allow Messages to update to the latest version via Google Play and try it again.

Do you have any other texting/messaging app installed on your phone along with Google Messages?  That could be interferring with Google Messages, especially if Google Messages is no longer set as the default messaging app.  

PizeltheTwizel
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 10 of 11

I've already try uninstall all updates, and it changes nothing^^'

The only other message app I have is Messenger, but Android Message is set as default messaging app. And I didn't authorize Messenger to access at sms/mms.

Top Kudoed Authors