Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
northlandiguana
Paper Tape
Views: 902
Message 11 of 15

Re: Navigation bar won't hide after 8.1 update

I agree this is a bad move on Lenovo's part. I just switched on "one button navigation" to get rid of the bar and reclaim the lost screen space. The immediate result is that I now need *two hands* instead of one to do simple navigation tasks--one to hold the back of the phone while I use the thumb of the other one to swipe the sensor because I can no longer use the area around the sensor for stability. This is frustrating design.

johnlenovo5
Paper Tape
Views: 861
Message 12 of 15

I also received Oreo update. While overall running great the behaviour of the navigation bar is really very strange.in previous version the behaviour was much better especially in software like Outlook or edge or Chrome the screen estate has been very well and the placement of the keyboard was ok at the bottom end of the screen. If the keyboard moves up it is very hard to reach the buttons the same way I was used to.the only thing that can be used to disable this behaviour is to disable the navigation bar as a whole and use the fingerprint sensor in moto options. Please Lenovo make an option to revert to the old behaviour that showed up the navigation bar only in some occasions just as it was in the previous 7.1 version.

johnlenovo5
Paper Tape
Views: 859
Message 13 of 15

And also other screen elements are now shifted above the navigation bar which Now shows up all the time. This takes up valuable screen estate and brings nearly nothing to the user, where is the old behaviours showed up navigation bar when it was useful. if you want to keep this new behaviour as an option for some users it's ok but please at a switch between the new behaviour and the old behaviour that was available. 

johnlenovo5
Paper Tape
Views: 835
Message 14 of 15

Hello, 

one more addition. I was able kind of workaround this issue by using this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivianuu.immersivemodemanager&hl=cs . But it requires to set permissions from the PC and I do not know the long-term effects of its installation (performance, compatibility with applications).

Therefore, it would be much better if Lenovo provides the option to hide the navigation bar in the Moto Settings. 

By the way, the navigation bar appears even in OpenCamera app, despite this app has some internal settings about Immersive mode and hiding navigation bar enabled.

This should be analysed and corrected in future updates in a way that worked in 7.1.1.

Jhys88
What's DOS?
Views: 253
Message 15 of 15

My g6 play just updated to 9.0 and is now doing this. Not sure what version I had prior. It worked perfect until this update. Very unhappy. Will not buy another Moto

Top Kudoed Authors