Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arpan7
SCSI Port
Views: 482
Message 1 of 14

Need more updates

The last update I received was for the February 1 security patch and after that there's not even a single update Motorola has released... Are u guys nuts asking double the price for the same hardwares and that's too with literally no updates... Apps are crashing all the time, Ram management has become extremely poor and still no updates to fix them... Motorola is a joke...

Abhishek76652
Blue Screen Again
Views: 442
Message 2 of 14

Re: Need more updates

Yes, U r Right i brought this phone because of 'Motorola'. I thought they will bring every update with improvement and new features.

AB
John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 426
Message 3 of 14

@Abhishek76652 wrote:

I brought this phone because of 'Motorola'. I thought they will bring every update with improvement and new features.

What made you think that?

What "improvement and features" do you feel you are missing?

Abhishek76652
Blue Screen Again
Views: 301
Message 4 of 14

motorolas future is still Mystery

AB
psreddy1015
Punch Card
Views: 222
Message 5 of 14

hello buddy,

your question "What "improvement and features" do you feel you are missing?" is really a silly and  i dont understand how did you ask this question. do you know, it is your responsibility to solve the issue that occurs with any of the update given by you. but from the day ur devices were been upgraded to oreo, till now we hve got 2 or 3 security updates, none of the update solved any of the previous bugs, moreover started creating new bugs. improvement of features means make our devices without ay bugs with a proper update. i really got frustated with many bugs, especially after the security update of april 2019, my device is almost in dead state, which means it seems to be working like a device with 256mb ram. 

most of the  companies have provided pie update for their mobile of 2017 models, but still our motorola is with oreo and with lot of bugs.

i hope you people will understand the things and will take the users feed back in a positive way and will strive to make us feel good.

Regards

PS Reddy

John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 215
Message 6 of 14

@psreddy1015 wrote:

hello buddy,

your question "What "improvement and features" do you feel you are missing?" is really a silly and  i dont understand how did you ask this question. do you know, it is your responsibility to solve the issue that occurs with any of the update given by you. but from the day ur devices were been upgraded to oreo, till now we hve got 2 or 3 security updates, none of the update solved any of the previous bugs, moreover started creating new bugs. improvement of features means make our devices without ay bugs with a proper update. i really got frustated with many bugs, especially after the security update of april 2019, my device is almost in dead state, which means it seems to be working like a device with 256mb ram. 

most of the  companies have provided pie update for their mobile of 2017 models, but still our motorola is with oreo and with lot of bugs.

i hope you people will understand the things and will take the users feed back in a positive way and will strive to make us feel good.

Regards

PS Reddy

Hello Buddy

You seem completely to have missed the point - "What "improvement and features" do you feel you are missing?".  Bug fixes are another matter altogether.

So far as I am aware Lenovo / Motorola never promised to keep updating the software on your perfectly functional but now obsolete mobilephone indefinitely. If you simply can't live without the very latest phone, chuck it and waste money on a new one at least once a year  - probably not a Huawei though Smiley Happy

Incidentally, later releases of any software has a tendency to introduce new and unexpected bugs - Nougat was just fine.

psreddy1015
Punch Card
Views: 211
Message 7 of 14

hello buddy,

thanks for your reply, how do you say " bug fixes are another matter". that is the important one. do you know because of these kinds of bugs we will driven into lot of problems and will become a prey to troubles. 

if the bugs are not fixed, then what is the need of buying motorola mobile. let motorola say the same statement, people will automatically stop buying these mobiles.  we havent asked motorola to give us new mobiles every year for free of cost, we are asking to solve the bugs.

i dont know about others, since i have been a fan of motorola from 2005, i have been purchasing. if the same continues, i will also quit. not an issue. 

Regards

PS Reddy

EvK76
Punch Card
Views: 185
Message 8 of 14

Don't feed John Dee the troll. He's got huis head so far up Moto's .... That he can only ridicule everybody that asks Moto to take a little responsablity for the products they release. And where major updates may not be the most important thing in the world bug fixes and security updates most certainly are but Moto is only interested in taking the customers money and nothing else.

Hell even the Z2 won't get a promised second major update because they probably **bleep**ed up the previous update so badly it can't be upgraded again. And the Z4 will only get one major update and just like the rest security updates when enough money is left to pay the developer after the ceo and management have received their bonusses.

Moto doesn't care about their customers and as a first and defenitly last time owner I can only laugh about the likes of John Dee who keep defending Moto so desperatly, reminds me of an Iraqi press secretary from a few years back 😆

John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 153
Message 9 of 14

@EvK76 wrote:

{SNIP} where major updates may not be the most important thing in the world bug fixes and security updates most certainly are but Moto is only interested in taking the customers money and nothing else. {SNIP}

So you may (just possibly) have a G5S mobile and you will not buy another.

However, what bug fixes and what security issues are you concerned about?

psreddy1015
Punch Card
Views: 150
Message 10 of 14

You seems to be silly and your questions seems to be silly, buying a new mobile or not is purely my option or my wish,I am not likely to say about this to any body else. Keep on changing handsets is not my attitude. If we buy something we have to make use of it , we don't get money for free, already we have mentioned about the bugs, again you are asking the same. There are lot concerns regarding poor signal, WiFi network and system getting hanged.

Top Kudoed Authors