Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monalisa3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 813
Message 1 of 19

No network after system update

After updating the Moto g 5 plus today my sim network is gone. No issues in wifi connection. No calls can be made neither can i use internet on my sim. Urgently help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 781
Message 2 of 19

Re: No network after system update

@Monalisa3 wrote:

After updating the Moto g 5 plus today my sim network is gone. No issues in wifi connection. No calls can be made neither can i use internet on my sim. Urgently help.

Hi Monalisa3,

Sorry to know about this. Could you tell us when did you receive the update? Can you check with a different SIM card and see how it goes? Let us know!

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Monalisa3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 778
Message 3 of 19

No sim card is working. Received the update today 24.10.19 morning around 9:45
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 764
Message 4 of 19

@Monalisa3 wrote:
No sim card is working. Received the update today 24.10.19 morning around 9:45

Hi Monalisa3,

Thanks for confirming. Performing Clear Cache in your device-- go to Settings > Apps & notification > App Info > select the apps > Storage > Clear Cache > restart the device and check. Also, reset your network Settings-- go to Settings > Network & Internet > tap on top right three dots > Network settings reset. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Monalisa3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 753
Message 5 of 19

cleared cache and restarted the phone. network settings have already been reset. but the problem still persists.

Monalisa3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 717
Message 6 of 19

Radio stays off won't turn on even in *removed* menu. I think for this reason there is no service. Moreover your replies are also not prompt. Customer should not end up suffering because of certain mandatory updates. We should not end up spending money just because of these updates. The service centres should provide free service in these cases.

Edit - No Hidden Codes - Rich

AKAICH86
SCSI Port
Views: 707
Message 7 of 19

i am also suffering with this problem now its 3 months i am in wifi my radio is also off and when i contact them they dont look my bug report but they just say to go to service or repair as logical answer but what about their software update made this problem and this is happening after the phone get out of warranty so if i go to service center they will charge me so what conclude is they will give u an unoptimise update which will suffer you like hell and they will just watch 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 609
Message 8 of 19

Hi Monalisa3AKAICH86,

This is odd. Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Also, can you provide me the actual network signal strength (Settings > System > About Phone > SIM Status > Signal Strength)?

Lastly, please send me a private message of your location when you encountered this with the signal.

@AKAICH86,

Have you also tried testing another SIM?

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

AKAICH86
SCSI Port
Views: 562
Message 9 of 19

I had already update my profile by following your steps and my signal strength is 0 . And i had also made Motorola privacy on in my phone so pls look into that . I am also sending you my location in ur pm . And my carrier is reliance jio i can't update that in my profile because it's no showing there so telling you here. Thanks

AKAICH86
SCSI Port
Views: 554
Message 10 of 19

i had also tried with another sim but the problem still persist all the sim works in others phone but not in my phone its showing detected sim but with no service 

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors