Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohitrawat0123
What's DOS?
Views: 1,697
Message 1 of 10

Oreo 8.1.0 update

Oreo 8.1.0 is quite impressive and it doesn't show any sign for bugs. But the only thing it needs to update is to rename file app(other than file manager) to downloads. Apart from that it got everything motorola has promised and i personally suggest you all to update to 8.1.0 and experience it's awesomeness.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,585
Message 2 of 10

Re: Oreo 8.1.0 update

We're always looking for opportunities to improve our products. Thank you for your feedback. We'll forward it to our product team.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,527
Message 3 of 10

Find it interesting though that only in the last day (based on your post date) that Android being as wide spread as it is, only now is reaching you. I say that based on the fact that Alberta, Canada we had Oreo-8 start arriving early June. By July my tablet was also getting the Oreo upgrade. 

Galaxy A5 (2017)  & Tab E 8.0 were what got upgraded. 

Screenshot_20181010-062018_Settings.jpg

John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 1,517
Message 4 of 10

@Anonymous_User wrote:

Find it interesting though that only in the last day (based on your post date) that Android being as wide spread as it is, only now is reaching you. I say that based on the fact that Alberta, Canada we had Oreo-8 start arriving early June. By July my tablet was also getting the Oreo upgrade. 

Galaxy A5 (2017)  & Tab E 8.0 were what got upgraded. 

Interesting though this undoubtedly is, does it have anything at all to do with either the Moto G5s or the Moto G5s Plus?

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 1,225
Message 5 of 10

@mohitrawat0123 wrote:

Oreo 8.1.0 is quite impressive and it doesn't show any sign for bugs. But the only thing it needs to update is to rename file app(other than file manager) to downloads. Apart from that it got everything motorola has promised and i personally suggest you all to update to 8.1.0 and experience it's awesomeness.

This is a minority opinion.  This forum includes hundreds of complaint regarding Wifi instability and battery drain, for starters.  On what do you base your assessment?

mohitrawat0123
What's DOS?
Views: 1,162
Message 6 of 10

I am not seeing any such issues till now. Infact I do play PUBG too on my device and still battery performance is normal. Those who are complaining about the update might be using custom ROMs.

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 1,148
Message 7 of 10

@mohitrawat0123 wrote:

I am not seeing any such issues till now. Infact I do play PUBG too on my device and still battery performance is normal. Those who are complaining about the update might be using custom ROMs.

This is the 64,000 shekel question:  are problem confined to a subset of phones, or is the problem widespread.  It's Motorola Corporation's job to describe this problem explicitly so its customer base can make informed decisions.

If you can please run wifi speed tests periodically and see if you can corroborat reports of network trouble associated with Oreo.  

Thanks! gg

anirbanmondal
What's DOS?
Views: 669
Message 8 of 10

Moto g4plus... Still haven't got oreo update..
Bill33bill
SCSI Port
Views: 666
Message 9 of 10

This is the G5S/G5S Plus forum.

No0r30fan
Blue Screen Again
Views: 378
Message 10 of 10

Count your blessings, then.... Immediately after  the so-called "upgrade" to Oreo, my Moto G5 Plus suddenly turned into a battery sucking brick; and from the overwhelming number of complaints and posts, this seems to be a common problem. Fortunately my phone doesn't have all the WiFi connection problems that others have been experiencing. But, while it can find and connect (supposedly) with  my network printer, it can't send print jobs to it anymore -grrrrr.

It now also takes for-ev-er to backup photos, randomly crashes the camera, and is a nuisance to clear the app cache (no more "clear all" feature). The keyboard also goes wonky at times now, randomly deleting text then inserting what you're trying to type into the middle of the deleted section, or the cursor jumps to a previous paragraph mid-sentence. It gets pretty frustrating and confusing trying to finish an email or post, etc., when you have to constantly re-correct what you're typing and searching for the cursor :-b  In the time it took to write this post, my phone went from a full charge to 87% - make that 86%. Before Oreo, I could play games, browse the web, watch videos and catch up on emails most of the day and well into the night (down to 85% now) and still have 50-75% battery. Now I have to recharge the phone SEVERAL TIMES EVERY DAY! (84% now).

Sorry about the rant, but the problems that Oreo has caused with this Moto G5 plus far outweigh any benefits. I'd much rather go back to the previous OS, and there are many others who would probably agree. (down to 83% now, and the keyboard is REALLY putting up a fight {82% now}, almost like it's trying to keep me from saying bad things about Oreo. LOL Now the battery is down to 81% and really falling fast (80%), so time to sign off...

Top Kudoed Authors