Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmB5
What's DOS?
Views: 223
Message 1 of 3

Re: Moto G4 changing USB setting to MTP

I am having exactly the same problem with my moto g 5S. I already went to "Developer Options Menu" and tapped the USB Debugging checkbox but still when my moto is connected to the computer I don´t get the drag down option to change from charge to MTP and my computer still does not recognize my phone. I have restarted the computer and the USB cable is also working. Any advice what I could do?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 174
Message 2 of 3

Hi AmB5,

Welcome to Forums,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. However, this is a weird issue. If it is a software issue it is affecting your phone or a limited number of phones. 

If the computer is not showing the phone in device manager, then you will not get the drop-down menu to change the USB connection function - you don't get this when the phone is charging only without and data lines.

If multiple PCs show nothing in device manager - either the phone or an unknown device, then either your phone has a hardware issue or the cable is bad.

Hence, we request you to check with different cable's & computer's and let us know.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Mebes
802.11n
Views: 164
Message 3 of 3

Pocket lint in your charging port can also cause this error since the cable can not fully seat in the connector.

Check both your port and inside your cable.

If you see anything in there, blow it out or use wood or plastic or some other non conductive material to carefully pick it out.

Warning.

Some of the pins are connected to your battery if you use metal as a pick and it shorts the battery terminals you will permanently damage your port

Top Kudoed Authors