Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshokAppasamy
Paper Tape
Views: 224
Message 1 of 3

Reg: Moto 5gs plus unlock

Hi I am Ashok from India. I am using moto 5gs plus for more than an year using Airtel Sim card.

Now I came to USA for a trip. So tried changing the sim card. I tired AT &T sim card but unfortunately tower is not connecting. Store technician told me that I have to unlock my phone. Is it so??? Do I have to unlock my phone if I have to change networks?? Can some one please guide me on this?

Bill33bill
SCSI Port
Views: 189
Message 2 of 3

Re: Reg: Moto 5gs plus unlock

If you device is sim locked thats true.

Are you sure that your version of G5S+ is suitable for the US  mobile bands?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 154
Message 3 of 3

Re: Reg: Moto 5gs plus unlock

@AshokAppasamy wrote:

Hi I am Ashok from India. I am using moto 5gs plus for more than an year using Airtel Sim card.

Now I came to USA for a trip. So tried changing the sim card. I tired AT &T sim card but unfortunately tower is not connecting. Store technician told me that I have to unlock my phone. Is it so??? Do I have to unlock my phone if I have to change networks?? Can some one please guide me on this?

You only have to unlock your phone if you the phone pops up a message that says it requires a SIM Unlock code. Most phones sold outside the USA do NOT need to be unlocked. 

It sounds like your phone does not have the propper frequencies for ATT in the USA - or at least ATT in that part of the USA. 

I suggest you look up the technical specs for your phone on the Motorola India web site, then compare that to the frequencies used by USA carriers and find one that matches best. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors