Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHREYASHMUKESH
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,783
Message 1 of 3

SMS CENTRE NO. NOT FOUND

i have moto g5s plus . i am not able to send messages to any one . i have contacted the sim costomer agent they told me to change the sms centre no. i am not able to get the sms centre no. or change it.

plz solve my problem as soon as possible.

<edited for content - user had caps lock key stuck>

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,707
Message 2 of 3

Re: SMS CENTRE NO. NOT FOUND

@SHREYASHMUKESH wrote:

i have moto g5s plus . i am not able to send messages to any one . i have contacted the sim costomer agent they told me to change the sms centre no. i am not able to get the sms centre no. or change it.

plz solve my problem as soon as possible.

<edited for content - user had caps lock key stuck>

To set or change the SMS service center number on your SIM card

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Phone.
  3. Type *#*#4636#*#*.
  4. Tap Phone information.
  5. Scroll down to SMSC.
  6. Enter the relevant SMSC number in the input field, then tap Update. The SMS service center number now gets updated on the default SIM card.
  7. If you want to change the SMS service center number on the other SIM card, you have to set the other SIM card as the default SIM card, then restart the phone and repeat steps 2 to 6.

Note: We do not recommend the special type codes for making changes. As most of the devices get updated automatically with SMS service center number. You can simply remove the sim card >> reboot your device >> add a different sim card >> Try to access messaging by sending a text, to check if that works >>Reboot your device >> add your current network/Sim and reboot again. Now you should be able to resolve the issues. 

Let us know if this helps?

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
SHREYASHMUKESH
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,694
Message 3 of 3

Re: SMS CENTRE NO. NOT FOUND

Still I can not send msg to anyone......I have tried both methods which u have told me........Kindle solve my problem asap....

Top Kudoed Authors