Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChayaNYC
Paper Tape
Views: 6,806
Message 1 of 14

Screen remains blank when receiving incoming calls on Moto G5 Plus

My screen is only operating as expected for incoming calls when the screen is on and in use. When calls come in while my screen is off - regardless of whether my phone is locked or not - my screen remains dark, and in order to see who is calling or accept the call I must perform these 3 steps:

1. Turn the screen on
  2. Swipe the status bar down to see that there's an incoming call
  3. Check who's calling and click on the 'Answer' or 'Decline' link

Which of course takes so long that I'm missing nearly all my calls. And the problem doesn't appear to be my notification settings (neither limiter is selected, and it appears to work correctly when the screen is in use).

How do I get the normal swipe right/left screen back that allowed me to review caller details and answer/reject them in one easy step?

Phone: Moto G5 Plus;

Carrier: Republic Wireless

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,607
Message 2 of 14

Re: Screen remains blank when receiving incoming calls on Moto G5 Plus

Hi ChayaNYC,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to know about this. This is quite odd for me, I would suggest let's try to boot the device into safe mode first. While in safe mode, kindly check if the issue persists. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

quocngo2018
What's DOS?
Views: 5,275
Message 3 of 14

I had the same issue now with my G4 phone. Just 1 year old already had issue.

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi ChayaNYC,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to know about this. This is quite odd for me, I would suggest let's try to boot the device into safe mode first. While in safe mode, kindly check if the issue persists. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Thanks.

quocngo2018
What's DOS?
Views: 5,274
Message 4 of 14

Can you please provide how to boot in G4 in safe more instruction.

Thank you.

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi ChayaNYC,

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi ChayaNYC,

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

ChayaNYC
Paper Tape
Views: 5,270
Message 5 of 14

To Enable Safe Mode on the G4:
1. Press the Power key
2. Touch and hold Power off
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

NOTE: Safe mode starts the device without any 3rd party applications being started. This will allow you to open apps individually to try and determine which app may be causing the issue.

@quocngo2018wrote:

Can you please provide how to boot in G4 in safe more instruction.

Thank you.

ChayaNYC
Paper Tape
Views: 5,269
Message 6 of 14

Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem Smiley Sad

@Agent_Richwrote:

Hi ChayaNYC,

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,141
Message 7 of 14

Hi Everyone,

Are we still active on this thread? Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

ChayaNYC
Paper Tape
Views: 4,139
Message 8 of 14

I'm not really comfortable posting that information publicly as it seems like it would be a recipe for hacking my phone :-( Is there another way to address this?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,067
Message 9 of 14

Hi ChayaNYC,

Thanks for responding. We definitely secure any private information of our customer, updating your profile with the information needed can only be seen by you and all of the moderators here in the Forums. We use that information to help us investigate what could be causing an issue. Also, our Product Teams and Engineers need that information. We definitely won't do anything without your permission. If you still feel uncomfortable doing that, I respect that. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

SarthakSahoo
What's DOS?
Views: 3,843
Message 10 of 14

Hello,

I had the same problem on my Moto g5 s+ phone. So in order to make the dialer work just open settings then go to apps & Notification and open the phone app then clear the data and force stop that app. And again open the phone app. Then check. Hope this works. It worked for me. 

Regards

Sarthak 

Top Kudoed Authors