Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MistyDays
Paper Tape
Views: 793
Message 1 of 5

Sending photos through mms

I don't know what happened, everything was fine one day but the next I suddenly couldn't send any kind of image through the text app. I can send photos and images through any mms or text app I download. It doesn't matter if i'm on wifi or not, I just get a little error message that says try again.

Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 766
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sending photos through mms

Is it just with a specific recipient(s)?  Anytime I've had this issue it's only been for one (or maybe a few) recipient, and it always turns out to be a corrupted contact causing the issue.  I just delete the contact and recreate it, and it works again.  If the contact has a lot of information in it, you can export it as a contact card (send/share it to yourself via text message), delete the contact, and then import the contact card by opening it in the text message.  

MistyDays
Paper Tape
Views: 761
Message 3 of 5

It's all of my contacts, including ones I've only added recently
Mebes
802.11n
Views: 747
Message 4 of 5

Caption Obvious checking in here...

Have you tried rebooting your phone yet?

Or safe mode to see if other apps are causing your issues.

Probably already tried it but that's where I would start.

Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 739
Message 5 of 5

Sorry, for some reason I didn't notice that MMS photos worked with other texting apps, just not the Google Messages app.  Well, it's obviously not the phone, SIM, APN, or your carrier, or else the other texting apps wouldn't work.  Check the permissions on the Messages app (Setup/Apps/Messages/Permissions).  I've given it access to everything, but apparently MMS won't work if Messages doesn't have permissions to Storage.  

Top Kudoed Authors