Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheManInPink
SCSI Port
Views: 1,780
Message 1 of 13

Slow Motion Issues after latest Camera Update

Well, when in slow motion mode, I see something ghostly and flashy moving across my screen? It looks like the display is vibrating. 

I have tested it on my friend's G5s Plus and yes, he has the ghost too. So, yeah..Please don't ask me to post a sample video and ask one of your devs to turn on the camera app and check out Slow Motion. Not expecting any update to correct it. Simply trying to make the device look bad with all the slacky work that has been going on.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,767
Message 2 of 13

Re: Slow Motion Issues after latest Camera Update

Hi TheManInPink,

Sorry to know about that. Is it happening on both rear and front camera? Also, does it only appears when you're recording a video? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

TheManInPink
SCSI Port
Views: 1,764
Message 3 of 13

It happens with the rear camera when the slomo mode is on and the noise/flashyStuff gets recorded too.

And in front cam, slomo mode is a total mess. I can hardly identify myself.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,755
Message 4 of 13

Hi TheManInPink,

Let's test this on safemode. Please let me know how it goes there. 

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.

2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears

4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.

6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.

*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

TheManInPink
SCSI Port
Views: 1,727
Message 5 of 13

The issue exists in Safe Mode too. Actually, this problem existed in slomo when it was introduced to G5s plus. I am not sure if it was corrected later because I never really used it.

But I found it's there when I was testing the new camera update. Not sure if it reappeared or was always there and not taken care of.

Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 1,718
Message 6 of 13

My XT1806 (US) doesn't have this issue at all.  Slow motion video works flawlessly.  Not doubting you're encountering a problem -- just reporting my findings to possibly help the Moto people troubleshoot your problem.  

The only problem I have is that I can't use 1080p/30fps (or lower) video resolution or the Moto Camera 2 app screen just goes blank and then eventually reverts back to still camera mode.  If I change the video settings to 1080p/60fps or 4K, it works fine. I suspect my video problem is due to me activating cam2api for running Google Camera.

TheManInPink
SCSI Port
Views: 1,715
Message 7 of 13

Is the video quality good when in slomo mode? On my device it's too bad when in slomo.
Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 1,676
Message 8 of 13

It actually looks really good.  I'm not sure what the resolution is, though.  I'll have to check that.  It would be strange if it's lower resolution (so they could increase the fps) because lower resolution video doesn't work for me in normal camera video modes.  I can only use 1080p/60fps or 4K settings.  

Mebes
802.11n
Views: 1,639
Message 9 of 13

Slow motion is working fine on the rear camera on  my XT1806 US version as in all modes and frame rates with the stock rom.

There is however no option for front camera while I am in slow motion mode so I can't test that.

At OP are you filming inside under flourecent lights?

Sometimes my pictures get weird streaking under these conditions.

Maybe you could try slow motion outside.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,624
Message 10 of 13

Hi Internetpilot,

I tried to record a video using 1080p 30fps and 1080p 60fps and it works perfectly fine for me. My camera app is updated and I'm using 13 MP. Can you please uninstall those third-party camera apps, I suspect that could be the root cause of the issue.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors