Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

47 Posts

11-02-2017

India

42 Signins

292 Page Views

• Views: 292
  • Message 1 of 16

Solution for all the problems after security patch update for Moto G5s Plus

2018-05-07, 6:36 AM

Clearly Motorola is not going to help us out at all. They just want us to suffer the consequences in order to update our device models. But fortunately, Ive solved the issue on my Moto G5s plus.

1) backup all your data's as you find convinient. 

2) use your Google account to backup your apps, photos and media files.

3) Remaining docs and files back it up using a computer. 

4) Then factory reset your device.

Unfortunately, that's the only way but it actually works! 

Now my device is working perfectly. No heating up unnecessarily, no battery drain, no charging issues. Everything's solved. 

Your welcome boys! :) 

Now that you've learnt your lesson, never ever update your device until you find out that it's not gonna be an issue. Have fun :)

Options

2782 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1178 Signins

51495 Page Views

• Views: 51495
  • Message 2 of 16

Re: Solution for all the problems after security patch update for Moto G5s Plus

2018-05-07, 8:08 AM

wrote:

Clearly Motorola is not going to help us out at all. They just want us to suffer the consequences in order to update our device models. But fortunately, Ive solved the issue on my Moto G5s plus.

1) backup all your data's as you find convinient. 

2) use your Google account to backup your apps, photos and media files.

3) Remaining docs and files back it up using a computer. 

Now my device is working perfectly. No heating up unnecessarily, no battery drain, no charging issues. Everything's solved. 

Your welcome boys! :) 

Now that you've learnt your lesson, never ever update your device until you find out that it's not gonna be an issue. Have fun :)

You may experience unusual changes after an update, just let the software settle in and it should normalize in a few days. If issues persist after a few days, kindly let us know.

-Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

13 Posts

05-05-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

18 Signins

212 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 212
  • Message 3 of 16

2018-05-07, 8:36 AM
What does this even mean? What do you mean with "software settle in"? Do you mean wait for more updates? I don't see how a software "settles in" without additional patches....
Options

2782 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1178 Signins

51495 Page Views

• Views: 51495
  • Message 4 of 16

2018-05-07, 8:59 AM

wrote:
What does this even mean? What do you mean with "software settle in"? Do you mean wait for more updates? I don't see how a software "settles in" without additional patches....

It should normalize in a few days. If issues persist after a few days, kindly let us know.

-Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

47 Posts

11-02-2017

India

42 Signins

292 Page Views

• Message 5 of 16

2018-05-07, 10:07 AM

I've experienced it for days and now I've solved it on my own, no thanks to you people. Please sell moto back to Google. Lenovo's Moto unit is useless

Options

1 Posts

05-07-2018

India

3 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 6 of 16

2018-05-07, 11:12 AM

Hi,

My question to Motorola team is that why you people are releasing the updates without testing anything. I think Motorola should learn from other of its competitors like Xiaomi and Asus etc. Really made a big mistake of having Motorola device. Why i am writing this is because i have recently received the security update of April 2018 after updating i have noticed my WiFi got disconnected. So i googled and got a solved thread related to this but my question is in that thread the moto agent suggested to change the router settings to WPA2 and my router is set already to WPA-2. I have done everyother thing from reset network setttings to booting into safe mode but nothing worked still facing the wifi issue. Very much dissappointed. Now i am planning for factory reset. No hope from Motorolo-Lenovo for a resolution.

Options

47 Posts

11-02-2017

India

42 Signins

292 Page Views

• Message 7 of 16

2018-05-07, 11:45 AM

They are useless. Forget them. Try factory resetting and then Network resetyour phone after, it'll work just fine 

Options

50 Posts

01-17-2015

India

124 Signins

1378 Page Views

• Views: 1378
  • Message 8 of 16

2018-05-07, 17:26 PM

Yes, It should normalise in few days. I haven't faced any kind of issue after any security update I have received so far. I don't understand how people suddenly start facing all kind of issues after updating their devices. Yes sometimes apps do stop unexpectedly after updating the OS, but that happens only 'sometimes'. Solving this kind of issue doesn't require factory reset. Clear cache data from storage after updating and also clear cache partition data in recovery mode and this problem should, probably, go away. This kind of problem happens in almost all the Android devices that receive updates. 

Options

50 Posts

01-17-2015

India

124 Signins

1378 Page Views

• Views: 1378
  • Message 9 of 16

2018-05-07, 17:35 PM

wrote:

Hi,

My question to Motorola team is that why you people are releasing the updates without testing anything. I think Motorola should learn from other of its competitors like Xiaomi and Asus etc. Really made a big mistake of having Motorola device. Why i am writing this is because i have recently received the security update of April 2018 after updating i have noticed my WiFi got disconnected. So i googled and got a solved thread related to this but my question is in that thread the moto agent suggested to change the router settings to WPA2 and my router is set already to WPA-2. I have done everyother thing from reset network setttings to booting into safe mode but nothing worked still facing the wifi issue. Very much dissappointed. Now i am planning for factory reset. No hope from Motorolo-Lenovo for a resolution.

Before trying factory reset, try network settings reset. Go to settings>more>network settings reset>tap reset settings, the problem should go away.

Options

52 Posts

11-15-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

189 Signins

1354 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1354
  • Message 10 of 16

2018-05-07, 22:49 PM

wrote:

I factory reset mine at the weekend. Still won't update beyond its current Oct 17 patch.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms