Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

11-13-2017

India

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 1 of 6

The headphone jack doesn't work with other headphones

2018-02-02, 6:57 AM

I purchased a Moto G5S plus just about a week ago and the head phone jack has a problem. The earphones I got in the box along with the phone work just fine, but my skull Candy earphones don't. The sound simply comes out of the speaker instead of the earphones. 

Now, these skull Candy earphones used to work just fine with my previous Moto x2. They also work with all other devices. The earphones provided by Moto aren't very comfortable in my ear.

I'd like to know if it is a hardware issue or a problem with the compatibility. Otherwise, the phone is great.

Options

3625 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1236 Signins

58815 Page Views

• Views: 58815
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: The headphone jack doesn't work with other headphones

2018-02-02, 8:50 AM

Hi Drsika,

Looks like there could be an issue with headphones when the device is working fine with the inbox headphones.

-Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

11-13-2017

India

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2018-02-02, 9:12 AM

Sandip,

There is no problem with the headphones. As I said, they used to work with my old phone( which happens to be Moto too), with my laptop and tablet. In fact, I've tried using another set of headphones, with the g5s plus, but they don't work either. With this particular set, though, the sound doesn't play out of the speakees either. If this is a compatibility issue, I'm dissapointed, because that is what I chose an Android phone for.

Options

3625 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1236 Signins

58815 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2018-02-02, 9:36 AM

Hi Drsika,

Please, check the volume setting when they are plugged in?check the volume setting of your music app when they are plugged in?check whether a case over the phone is stopping the jack from connecting properly?

Also would suggest you follow the mentioned steps here and let us know if this helps.

-Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

11-13-2017

India

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2018-02-02, 10:22 AM

I've tried the above, to no avail. However, the headphones seem to be working when they are plugged in half way. 

Options

3625 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1236 Signins

58815 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2018-02-02, 12:40 PM

Hi Drsika,

Typically the headphone/earphone plug has 3 separate connection points made of (conductive) metal and separated by nonconductive insulators. You can see the 3 separate segments if you look at the plug and they are called the tip, ring, and sleeve. These 3 conductors provide connections for + left, +right, and common ground audio signals. If the plug is not inserted fully, the sound may be scratchy, intermittent, or on only one side (left or right ear). This occurs as the conductors on the plug engage their incorrect counterparts in the jack.

-Sandip

Moto Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms