09-18-2018

NL

413 Signins

2593 Page Views

• Views: 2593
  • Message 1 of 8

The last update

2019-10-16, 19:57 PM

Just received the last update for the g5s plus. And what a disappointment. It's oktober 16 and what do we get the August security patches even for a last update Moto had to  show they really don't care about the customer and made a big mess of the g5 series.

Don't know what to say anymore about the horrible way Moto thinks it can treat their customers. The first and last Motorola I will ever own.

Edited it a little because autocorrect was making a mess.

Options

1505 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

271 Signins

16569 Page Views

• Views: 16569
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: The last update

2019-10-17, 6:53 AM

wrote:

Just received the last update for the g5s plus. And what a disappointment. It's oktober 16 and what do we get the August security patches even for a last update Moto had to  show they really don't care about the customer and made a big mess of the g5 series.

Don't know what to say anymore about the horrible way Moto thinks it can treat their customers. The first and last Motorola I will ever own.

Edited it a little because autocorrect was making a mess.

Hi EvK76,

We understand your concern, I would like to inform that Motorola is committed to implementing essential security patches. As new security issues emerge, we will evaluate them and update your phone as needed. I will definitely share the feed with our concerned team.

Are you facing any issue with the device though? Let us know, we're here to help!

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

65 Posts

09-18-2018

NL

413 Signins

2593 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2019-10-17, 7:41 AM

So you are saying that we will continue to receive security updates for the G5S plus? That's good news but please have someone update the website it says there that this device will no longer receive security updates.

moto g5s plus

This device will remain on Android™ 8.1 Oreo™.

Do you have the latest Motorola software? Find out.

Security updates

This product will no longer receive security updates

So who is telling the truth? Did you read my post or just did the pavlof copy paste action to everything update related?

And issues only a couple that have been there since the Oreo update fingerprint scanner reaction slow irratic. It's overal laggy and hangs for sometimes up to twenty seconds. Wifi and 4G reception is worse than the g5 my wife uses. But those have been reported by many users and have no illusion they will ever be fixed.

Options

1505 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

271 Signins

16569 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2019-10-17, 8:16 AM

wrote:

So you are saying that we will continue to receive security updates for the G5S plus? That's good news but please have someone update the website it says there that this device will no longer receive security updates.

moto g5s plus

This device will remain on Android™ 8.1 Oreo™.

Do you have the latest Motorola software? Find out.

Security updates

This product will no longer receive security updates

So who is telling the truth? Did you read my post or just did the pavlof copy paste action to everything update related?

And issues only a couple that have been there since the Oreo update fingerprint scanner reaction slow irratic. It's overal laggy and hangs for sometimes up to twenty seconds. Wifi and 4G reception is worse than the g5 my wife uses. But those have been reported by many users and have no illusion they will ever be fixed.

Hi EvK76,

Allow me some time to confirm with the respective team and get back to you.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

65 Posts

09-18-2018

NL

413 Signins

2593 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2019-10-20, 16:20 PM

Any news yet?

Options

1505 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

271 Signins

16569 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2019-10-21, 6:09 AM

wrote:

Any news yet?

Hi EvK76,

I have checked with the concerned team. Sorry to inform you that this product will no longer receive security updates. 

For the lags you have mentioned that you are facing, I would suggest you perform a Clear Cache on your device and check. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App Info > select the apps > Storage > Clear Cache > restart the device. See how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

65 Posts

09-18-2018

NL

413 Signins

2593 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2019-10-21, 6:13 AM

Thanks for checking, so it's just as I expected Moto is really going out on a low with the G5S series rolling out the last ever update with two month old patches. What a sad mess of a company, no more moto for me.

Options

5 Posts

06-27-2018

PL

12 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 8 of 8

2019-10-22, 0:22 AM

Hi,

after last update I have problems with MTP driver on Windows 7. Before this update it's was working properly.
I tried:
1. Install/Uninstall
2. Install drivers from: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/drivers

3. Install drivers from other places

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save