Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sagunraj
Paper Tape
Views: 9,855
Message 1 of 90

Very fast battery draining in Moto G5s Plus after upgrading to Oreo

I got the OTA update for Android Oreo just yesterday on my Moto G5s Plus. I am glad that it finally arrived. And I am happy with the newly added features. However, the battery is draining very quickly after the upgrade.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 9,527
Message 2 of 90

Battery draining fast in moto g5s plus

My Moto g5s plus having some problem. It charge slow and battery drains fast.

HoomanX
Blue Screen Again
Views: 9,498
Message 3 of 90

Re: Battery draining fast in moto g5s plus

Got the same problem after updating to 8.0 yesterday.. Maybe there will be a fix coming soon!

Jaiprakash15
Paper Tape
Views: 9,578
Message 4 of 90

After Oreo Update Battery Drains too fast(Moto G5S Plus)

Yesterday i.e. 24/09/2018, I got Oreo Update for my Moto G5S Plus. Was happy to see Oreo Update. But this update has major issue in battery management. Battery drains too fast which I never expected in this update. And also it takes 3 hours to charge completely. Is Fast Charge properly implemented in Oreo Update?Very Bad update Smiley Sad :'(

Sarjen_S
What's DOS?
Views: 9,500
Message 5 of 90

Re: After Oreo Update Battery Drains too fast(Moto G5S Plus)

Hi,

Same Issue here. I opened all the apps in my phone and waited for 2 hrs and restarted the mobile. battery drain is bit slower, though the fast charging no longer works...... This needs to be fixed immediatly.  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,428
Message 6 of 90

Re: Very fast battery draining in Moto G5s Plus after upgrading to Oreo

Hi sagunraj,

The upgrade itself uses a good deal of power, and it continues to use power over the following hours as all of your apps and systems update. This is perfectly normal and can lead to temporarily shortened battery life and higher temperatures. Our research shows that it can take up to a week or 10 days before battery life stabilizes after an OS upgrade. Please do not draw conclusions about your battery life soon after it upgrades.

What we do recommend is to update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial or IMEI number. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let us know (just reply here) if it's okay for us to look at your apps. This way, if you find battery issues down the road, we will have check-in data to help us find the reason.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 9,381
Message 7 of 90

all is on and also i registered my product in my stuff so you can check it easily. I never said that after oreo update it draing fast and charging slow but its true that after update we are facing some problems. fingerprint is also doing problem after pressing 2-3 times it unlocked. we request to you please fix it over the air update because we love moto and this is very good mobile.

Venkat0707
Paper Tape
Views: 9,352
Message 8 of 90

Even I'm facing same battery issues.. 

It drains very fast and takes more tym to charge too... Can u let me know any solution fa this 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,257
Message 9 of 90

@Venkat0707 wrote:

Even I'm facing same battery issues.. 

It drains very fast and takes more tym to charge too... Can u let me know any solution fa this 

Hi Venkat0707

As ou may experience unusual changes after an update, just let the software settle in and it should normalize in a few days. If issues persist after a few days, kindly let us know. Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 9,255
Message 10 of 90

all is on and also i registered my product in my stuff so you can check it easily.resolve my problem

Top Kudoed Authors