Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnantony
Paper Tape
Views: 1,162
Message 51 of 91

Re: Very fast battery draining in Moto G5s Plus after upgrading to Oreo

Motorola needs to fix the g5s plus oreo battery draining problem. Will an update from motorola fix this? 

harshvicky
Paper Tape
Views: 1,124
Message 52 of 91

while charging moto g5s turbo charger (that came in the box with the phone) shows charging slowly also it takes more than 5 hrs to full charge but when i use it with charger (came with my previous phone) , my g5s shows charging rapidly and also it charged in an hour.

i tried factory reset but not helpful.

i think its charger's fault.

YashMore
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,115
Message 53 of 91

Hi, Agent_JM
Now it's been more than 10 days after the oreo update on my moto G5SPlus, but the battery usage is still not stabilizing and it's taking even more time than before to charge the phone[upto 6hrs].
Please take some measures as I don't have the whole to charge my phone again and agian.
IMEI number isade available.

MommaB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,051
Message 54 of 91

I too am a victim of the fast drain/slow charge issue after updating to Oreo.  I am a light user and would easily get 24 hrs before charging.  I now get 5 hours with NO use.  Have registered by phone, carrier and IME but can not for the life of me find the Motorola Privacy settings.  I will have to assume it is set to "on" and just not visible to me.

BiggieD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 898
Message 55 of 91

It has been more than 10 days since my update to Oreo 8.10,  and my battery drainage is horrible.  26 minutes since full charge and I'm at 80% so I used 20% in 26 minutes.  Pease come out with a fix.  I love my phone Moto G5s plus.  This Oreo battery problem is getting to me.  I use to charge once a day now I have to charge 2 to 3 times a day.  If this doesn't get fixed soon I will never look a Lenovo products again. 

Sandeep478
What's DOS?
Views: 882
Message 56 of 91

It's more than 15 days before I installed the Oreo update but I am still facing the same slow charge problem and also after Oreo update battery backup has gone lil down. Plz rectify it soon. Thanks. 

BiggieD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 770
Message 57 of 91

I'm crossing my fingers its been 15 hours since I last charged and I'm at 46%.  This is how it was before the update.  What I did was wait till almost 0% then turned phone off and charged till 100%.  I don't know it that did it,  or the so called let the update settle in.  When it hits 20% I'll recharge and see what happens,  crossing my fingers 👆.

LakshPL
Paper Tape
Views: 747
Message 58 of 91

Frustrating
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 713
Message 59 of 91

Hi All,

Thank you for writing to us, sorry to learn about the ongoing battery trouble you have been facing—let met try to help you here. For those who are having trouble with the device battery - please be advised that— we understand the fact that you may experience unusual changes after an update, just let the software settle in and it should normalize in a few days. Please note: I too experience the same thing and after performing Factory Data Reset without restore and making sure to charge the device 100% every time, calibrating the device twice a week— I could notice that the device had gradually increased the battery performance and doing great so far. You can also give a try.

If you still observe the issue, would suggest you perform Factory Data Reset and start your device fresh with the new update received. This will help your device boost its performance.

Let us know how it goes. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Antianalcolico
Paper Tape
Views: 641
Message 60 of 91

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

just let the software settle in and it should normalize in a few days. Please note: I too experience the same thing and after performing Factory Data Reset without restore and making sure to charge the device 100% every time, calibrating the device twice a week— I could notice that the device had gradually increased the battery performance and doing great so far. You can also give a try.

If you still observe the issue, would suggest you perform Factory Data Reset and start your device fresh with the new update received. This will help your device boost its performance.

Let us know how it goes. Hope this helps

I’m also experiencing this Drain Issue after having updated to Oreo. The above proposed procedure seems to me something like “wait and see what happens next”.

is it possible for Moto to distribute a software update to fix it? Are you working on it?

Top Kudoed Authors