Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ravi_Navik
Paper Tape
Views: 946
Message 71 of 91

Re: Very fast battery draining in Moto G5s Plus after upgrading to Oreo

Hello Moto,

Please confirm we are going to get the solution for this or vise versa.

Regards,
Ravi Navik
harishchinni
Paper Tape
Views: 927
Message 72 of 91

Hi Folks,

I had the same issue since last week, today I found this solution which fixed the problem (Bump Charging). Not sure if this fix will sustain for a long time or a temp arrangement, need to observe for a couple of days. 

however, request Moto Admin Team to provide a permanent solution. I have updated IMEI & settings as suggested in your previous post. 

Below is the link helped me for now (Bump Charging)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Moto-G5-plus-battery-draining-fast/td-p/3978317

Regards,

Harish S

SHIV110
Paper Tape
Views: 852
Message 73 of 91

My Moto g5s also  Drain it's juice very fast , and charging speed is very slow , 

harathi30
Paper Tape
Views: 672
Message 74 of 91

I am also facing the same issue, battery is daining very fast and i have checked the Motorola Privacy policy, it is in on. you can and i have registred my mobile, you can check. please give us the solution for quick battery draining as soon as possible. 

Harathi P
ChandraTBS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 667
Message 75 of 91

Hi gais,

So after Oreo update 8.1 My Moto G5S Plus have a problem charging, but i find other way,

1. Reset to Factory Setting, Via Setting,

2. After Reset Factory Setting, do kind of factory setting via Bootloader, you know press volume down + Power, then volume UP + Power

3. After OS ready, do standard registration, insert your google ID and the bla bla,

4. Then...This is the main Idea, while you plug in The Charging Cable with your official Charger, in standby mode, press POWER until restart then showing MOTO logo blink once, then wait until Blink Twice, afterthat release the POWER button, then the moto restart normally.

I think thats the way to reset Battery Table of your Moto, honestly, after oreo update the battery become sucks, then i figure it out one by one ini this forum.

#after doing this, my logo "Turbo Charging" with the Flash Symbol are GONE!!! i dont know missing probably when im doing reset Table, but.. still with turbo charging with other name now, right now it "Rapidly Charging"

I dont mind, but still.. fast charging are working normally.

NOW... OREO Update in Moto G 5 Plus are PERFECTLY Normal.

Please moderator, move my tips in to Properly Topics,

Regards,

Chandra W From Indonesia

VishwarajN
Paper Tape
Views: 591
Message 76 of 91

Re: After Oreo Update Battery Drains too fast(Moto G5S Plus)

After, I got Oreo Update for my Moto G5S Plus, I'm facing major issue in battery management. Battery is drainting too fast and it also takes more time than earlier to get charged completely. Now, it seems that the back side of the phone is bulged.  Moto (Lenovo) kindly check this problem with your techs and suggest the best possible solution. Also, suggest is it safe to use the phone in this condition.

Rajeshkumar94
Paper Tape
Views: 577
Message 77 of 91

check with my phone, the battery drains fast even in regular usage. surprsingly the stand-by is some what great. I can expect a full day stand-by of my phone. But when i use regualr Apps like whatsapp it almost consumes 5% for 12 mins and consumes 7% for maps. Earlier even after update of Oreo the backup with these app was too good, But recently from 5 days i'm facing this fast draining  issue with light apps . Serial no: ZY322LFFFH.  ASAP

Antianalcolico
Paper Tape
Views: 573
Message 78 of 91

The method suggested by @Agent_Swarai just worked. My device is back to normal battery performance.
SToXC_
Punch Card
Views: 521
Message 79 of 91

guys, it's been months since i updated to oreo, i also did a factory reset, but still, when i had Nougat, i used to have like 85% or even more battery % when i leave the school, now, after (i think) 2 months from the update, i still have SUPER battery drain problems, now i have like 32% of battery when i leave the school, and is weird to  have around same battery durability as some mainstream iphone 5s. solve this via ota pls. 

(after oreo update i noticed a much faster switching cells of data connection, and where i live it does that many times, maybe can be this? tried to put airplane mode and battery saver mode, but still it's only  around 64% of battery compared to 85% with nougat, with always data connection activated and never used bsttery saver)

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 464
Message 80 of 91

@SToXC_ wrote:

guys, it's been months since i updated to oreo, i also did a factory reset, but still, when i had Nougat, i used to have like 85% or even more battery % when i leave the school, now, after (i think) 2 months from the update, i still have SUPER battery drain problems, now i have like 32% of battery when i leave the school, and is weird to  have around same battery durability as some mainstream iphone 5s. solve this via ota pls. 

(after oreo update i noticed a much faster switching cells of data connection, and where i live it does that many times, maybe can be this? tried to put airplane mode and battery saver mode, but still it's only  around 64% of battery compared to 85% with nougat, with always data connection activated and never used bsttery saver)

After a factory reset without automatic restore, these tips to extend battery life should help: https://support.motorola.com/in/en/products/cell-phones/moto-g-family/moto-g5s-plus/documents/MS1230...

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Top Kudoed Authors