Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Threepsie
Paper Tape
Views: 1,045
Message 81 of 91

Re: Very fast battery draining in Moto G5s Plus after upgrading to Oreo

Hello all, I also had this issue on my Moto G5s Plus, bought two weeks ago. Once I received the device, it was immediately updated to Oreo 8.1.. At that time it did not had a SIM card in it and the battery drainage was normal (6-7 days on stand-by on a fully charged battery). After putting in my SIM card the draining started to occur, and noticed that the majority of my battery power (68%) went to a process called 'Mobile Network Standby', even when the phone was idle. From that moment on, I needed to recharge my phone every 2 days. Three days ago, I was messing around a bit with some settings and switched my Mobile Network from 4G to 3G, and as of that moment, my battery drain has returned back to normal (86% three days ago, now it's at 48%). My girlfriend recently bought a Moto G6 plus and had similar issues. Switching the Mobile network to 3G there also decreased her battery drainage problem. I hope this information may at least help some other people as well.
Naman55
What's DOS?
Views: 877
Message 82 of 91

Today is 30 Jan, 2019. It's been many days since I updated my Moto g5s to Oreo and am facing fats battery draining without using much of apps. I also face heating of the back panel. I feel concerned as I like this phone. Please do check my queries.

ChandraTBS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 869
Message 83 of 91

ItS recommended after update to oreo do... Please do reset factory setting, so the os with oreo more stable, then you can go installing others apk, also check your cable recommend using original cable or cable that using automatic stop charging when full,

Other way... You can do reset data table battery, in this case you just plug in your charger with your moto, then push power button and hold.... Dont release until the moto restart once... Then blinking twice, after that release the powerbutton, then... Let  your phone charging until full 100%, after a hundred percent let it be until 1 hour...

Regards,

ChandraW

No0r30fan
Blue Screen Again
Views: 833
Message 84 of 91

My phone just started having the same problem after the latest update to Oreo 8.1 a few days ago. It was fully charged 6 hours ago and sitting idle for about 4 hours, but since then it has gone clear down to 48% after a couple hours of web browsing and (now 47%) trying to optimize app and system settings. This is just nuts! Only a few days ago, I could play games half the night and run Youtube videos another 6-8 hours starting with 80% and STILL have 40-50% left, or go for days on idle. Now it's down to 46% (Yikes!) and still plummeting as I type this post....

NEVER has this kind of battery drain problem after a system update (45% now) before - this is ludicrous!

AJAY93
Fanfold Paper
Views: 759
Message 85 of 91

My moto g5s plus showing rapid charging when i pluged in charger and it takes more time to charge. So sir please fix this issue.

Giovi_Trivelli
What's DOS?
Views: 730
Message 86 of 91

ChandraTBS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 712
Message 87 of 91

if you have battery draining.,backup your data then :

1. dont forget, try to factory reset 1st,

2. try in save mode

3. in normal mode, login, install apps, ect, then try to install accu battery in playstore its works for my moto g5splus for re-calibrating my battery

4. try not to always full charged 100% too long, it will makes your battery become short live... im always in position 98% or 96%

5. EVEN iPhone that you always FUll charged 100% the iPhone battery will Leak and Broken!!! please notice that even Big Brand are sucks in battery, every electronic device will have decease periode. NOTICE THAT!

6. downgrade to Nougat, i have moto M then downgraded to Marshmallow, till now (*downgrading 16Feb19, now is 18feb19) my moto M battery are in observation by me and have much better performance after downgrading from N to M.

7. till now im looking around a way to downgrading my Moto G5s Plus from Oreo to Nougat, i think Nougat in Moto G5s Plus are more stable and reliable performance.

8. not always... not always bro that... UPDATED OS are much better in Android, it can be more WORST!!! , well not like iPhone more update be more stable...hahahah.

Regards,

Chandra W from Indonesia.

Petronella1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 690
Message 88 of 91

I have the same problem.

After the Oreo update of my Moto G5s the battery discharges too fast. In one day (24 hours) without nearly any use from 100% to 40%. The biggest problem is the 'Mobile Network Standby'. I have now changed the preferred network type from 4G LTE to 3G, and the discharge is much, much slower. Can confirm what Threepsie wrote. However, it should not be the solution to the problem of worsening the cellular network!

Can someone from the Motorola support comment on this again, please?

I have updated my profile and I allow you to take a look at my apps. Many Thanks!

PS When I make a factory reset, I think I will have Android 7 again and all the apps I've installed are gone. So this is no option for me. In addition, I always discharge the battery almost completely and then recharge it fully, there's never been anything broken, and the battery capacity was still great after years.

dpak87
Paper Tape
Views: 628
Message 89 of 91

Me too facing the same problem after Oreo update. But it has been more than a month since the update came, still facing the problem.

dr_glenn
Token Ring
Views: 406
Message 90 of 91

I received the Oreo update some months ago. Then 2 weeks ago my battery started draining about 4x faster than before! (Use to get 36 to 40 hours on a charge, now below 10(). So oreo was not the problem. 

Microsoft Outlook and Google Play Services were biggest drain. Disabling Outlook was no help at all.

Then I discovered that when I took a photo, it would dispappear completely. I watched the screen, the photo shows in the little window lower right, then the app says "Processing". When processing is done, the photo is gone! Could not find it even with a file manager.

So that was too much for me and I decided to do what is suggested here: factory reset.

Fortunately I'm pretty well synced with Google. When reset was complete, I still had Oreo 8.1 - not reset to the 7.x that it started with.

All my apps returned over the next hour and the only thing I lost was my keys for Google Authenticator. That has been a bit of trouble to fix, since you need to generate new keys. So for some services I had to turn off multi-factror and then turn it back on.

I also "lost" the SD card that I had installed as "internal storage". Apparently I'll have to buy a new one or figure out how to reformat.

Oh yeah, the good news is that, for now, my battery life is back to nearly 2 days.

Restoring or changing Android phones has been painless for the last few years. I can't understand those pathetic iPhone users who always whine about losing everything when their phone dies.

Top Kudoed Authors