Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kosta_racin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,171
Message 1 of 24

What is the latest security patch for G5S+ retus

I'm in June 1, 2017 security patch and NPS26.116-45. Is that the latest software for G5S+? Why is Moto not supporting G5S+?

Mebes
802.11n
Views: 1,128
Message 2 of 24

Re: What is the latest security patch for G5S+ retus

I think most of us retus guys in the states  are at Jan 2018 patch.

We had a nice little discussion going about it a month or so back.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5S-Moto-G5S-Plus/Moto-Is-this-really-how-updates-work-Retus/td-p/...

I'd suggest bumping that thread.

kosta_racin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,108
Message 3 of 24

Skimmed through the thread and what was obvious is that Lenorolla is all over the place when it comes to updates and transparency regarding the updates. Their software seem all over the place and I cannot understand how Lenorolla can make out what is what? Their release strategy is hectic as hell and I suppose they waste good amount of time to figure out which release branch is doing what. I bet that they are clueless as we are ...
kosta_racin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,020
Message 4 of 24

I'm still stuck on June 1, 2017 security patch. Why Moto is not supporting this phone? Why no security updates? Moto agents, why you do not come forward and tell what is going on?
kosta_racin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 979
Message 5 of 24

Where are my security updates?

According to this webpage: https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/Solution/MS126824 my device suposed to be on March 1, 2018 security patch. I'm stuck on June 1, 2017. Where are my security patches? Moto agents, why are you mum? Cat got your tongue? Fingers cannot type? Ridiculous ...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 973
Message 6 of 24

Re: Where are my security updates?

@kosta_racinwrote:

According to this webpage: https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/Solution/MS126824 my device suposed to be on March 1, 2018 security patch. I'm stuck on June 1, 2017. Where are my security patches? Moto agents, why are you mum? Cat got your tongue? Fingers cannot type? Ridiculous ...

You have a thread started a week ago, no reason for a new one. This is a user to user forum so there is no guarantee moto agents see all threads. 

Have you tried basic troubleshooting? Cache clear, safe mode, reset? Is your phone modded? 

Is your imei correct in your profile for a moto rep to review?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
kosta_racin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 968
Message 7 of 24

Yep, i know about thread clutter, but i'm really upset about this mess of updates that moto has. I've owned multiple Z series devices and the update is messy, i won't go into that now.

My phone is bone stock, never moded, i just enabled developer options to change DPI of the UI. That is it. No root, no bootloader stuff.

I tried wipe cache partition, safe mode and reset and the outcome is no security patches. I chatted on several ocasions with Moto US tech support just to receive the same parroted sentence "we have no dates when your device will get notification for update". So far, chatting with tech support is useless. Cannot escalate, cannot get them to even budge ...

What do you mean if my profile is updated with correct IMEI? Do you mean my lenovo forums profile? If so, i just entered IMEI into to my profile.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 954
Message 8 of 24

Yes forum profile.  If imei is correct, i can see if a moto employee can determine if your phone has an issue, or if it just has to wait. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
kosta_racin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 950
Message 9 of 24

It would be good to receive any security update, it is not super important to get March 1, 2018... So far I have received zero security updates.
kosta_racin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 866
Message 10 of 24

Still no security updates on my phone ... Still stuck on June 1, 2017. I wander why Moto is hating my phone ...
Top Kudoed Authors