Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMDoyle
Punch Card
Views: 220
Message 1 of 2

What is the problem with expectations of timely updates

I admit for the most part I am stunned at the ludditism level here. There is so much if its not too broken don't fix it going on that head shaking at is this device safe is my first question.

Our last patch is well beyond all the meltdown etc. look around or about flaws that ARM processors are vulerable to yet everyone here seems to think this is wonderful, let them all be dealt with when they are fully understood... Is Levovo going to pay my legal costs when some malware app that makes it thru Google Play exploits all the documented ARM exploits from Oh... ** JUNE **

As for OS upgrades, I'd love to run the latest and greatest but since we're 2 upgrades behind the curve I have *this* question which is more work? Going thru the motions of making a square 32 bit wheel of oreo or going with a 64 bit round one based off of pie?

Chose the answer wisely as I suspect chosing wrong will alienate all of the people still here from motorola era when you made the best and most durable phones. If we are going to get chinese quality and service I suspect most will pay for those chinese phones that do get timely refreshes.

Sean Doyle

John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 209
Message 2 of 2

Re: What is the problem with expectations of timely updates

@SMDoyle wrote:

[SNIP]

There is so much if its not too broken don't fix it

[SNIP]

Our last patch is well beyond all the meltdown etc. look around or about flaws that ARM processors are vulerable to

[SNIP]

To make your thread meaningful you might want to elaborate a wee bit:

1. What exactly is "broken" on the G5S that will get fixed by a new OS?
  2. Are you actually aware of many reasonably sensible people with a G5S suffering form "meltdown" orin fact ANY malware?

Still . . .I'm quiet sure that if Lenovo rushes Android 9.x out of the door with minimal testing, many people will be happy and silent Smiley Wink

Top Kudoed Authors