Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deep_prakash
Serial Port
Views: 10,986
Message 1 of 53

When am I getting android P?

Okay so the Oreo hype died for me more than 6 months ago. All I'm looking forward is for Android Pie. Don't delay this please. Someone important reply back. I want to know when can we look forward for Pie? 

anandhvel141
Paper Tape
Views: 10,905
Message 2 of 53

Re: When am I getting android P?

recently i got info from moto chat support they are not having confirmation whether getting or not let us see in future

Intel_inside
Punch Card
Views: 10,901
Message 3 of 53

@deep_prakash wrote:

Okay so the Oreo hype died for me more than 6 months ago. All I'm looking forward is for Android Pie. Don't delay this please. Someone important reply back. I want to know when can we look forward for Pie? 

Moto G line gets only 1 major OS update. The G5 series, which were launched with Nougat, just got the Oreo update. So in short, no Pie for G5 series.

NikhilJpr
802.11n
Views: 10,890
Message 4 of 53

Motorola provides only 1 OS upgrade update.

So no Pie update will be provided.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 10,831
Message 5 of 53

Hi guys,

I understand your sentiment. Android Pie will be served up on the below Motorola smartphones, as announced in our official blog site:

• motorola one
  • motorola one power
  • moto z3
  • moto z3 play
  • moto z2 force edition
  • moto z2 play
  • moto x4
  • moto g6 plus
  • moto g6
  • moto g6 play

Keep checking here for the latest updates on Motorola software upgrades, including details on the specifics by country or carrier.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Highlighted
deep_prakash
Serial Port
Views: 10,826
Message 6 of 53

Why not Moto g5s plus?!! That was the latest G5 series which deserves android P. Come on!! X4 gets it and g5s plus doesn't? This is not fair!!!!

NikhilJpr
802.11n
Views: 10,796
Message 7 of 53

@deep_prakash wrote:

Why not Moto g5s plus?!! That was the latest G5 series which deserves android P. Come on!! X4 gets it and g5s plus doesn't? This is not fair!!!!

➡️That is how Motorola works. Consider yourself lucky that you finally managed to get Oreo.

John_Dee
Token Ring
Views: 10,749
Message 8 of 53

@NikhilJpr wrote:

. . . Consider yourself lucky that you finally managed to get Oreo.

That is certainly a point of view.  However, judging by the number of problems that are being unearthed in the Oreo "phased rollout" it would appear that considering yourself lucky might be seen as being a mistake Smiley Happy

As an aside, I notice that the Moderators have chosen NOT to move all reports of problems following the Oreo update into a single thread - I wonder why?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 10,719
Message 9 of 53

@John_Dee wrote:

As an aside, I notice that the Moderators have chosen NOT to move all reports of problems following the Oreo update into a single thread - I wonder why?

See here.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Cleydson17
Punch Card
Views: 10,375
Message 10 of 53

Lucky? If I buy a phone obviously I want updates! I'm in Oreo since June (MFN), and honestly I'll never ever buy a Motorola phone again. Moto X4 will receive the Pie 9.0 but G5S Plus won't receive. This is not fair and a terrible thing that they're doing. I'm really disappointed.
Top Kudoed Authors