Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

68 Posts

02-01-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

125 Signins

633 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 633
  • Message 1 of 2

Why G5s Plus European variant inferior to Indian version?

2017-08-31, 11:16 AM

Hi,

It seems the G5S Plus has 4GB RAM and 64GB storage in India, but the UK Motorola site mentions 3GB RAM and 32GB storage? Why the UK (European) version inferior to the Indian version? If I buy the Indian version, will it work in the UK?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Why G5s Plus European variant inferior to Indian version?

2017-08-31, 12:11 PM

wrote:

Hi,

It seems the G5S Plus has 4GB RAM and 64GB storage in India, but the UK Motorola site mentions 3GB RAM and 32GB storage? Why the UK (European) version inferior to the Indian version? If I buy the Indian version, will it work in the UK?

Differenent configurations are sold in different regions based on market demand - unfortunately no one here can provide any more insight.

If you buy an India variant, your service and support will be from Moto India - you will have to get it there and pick it up if you ever need service - we don't recommend you buy out of region.

It will likely work as a phone. But for data, and anything above 2G you will have to compare frequency specs of the phone with UK carriers. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms