Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sumank1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 896
Message 1 of 11

WiFi and battery issues after android update

Using 2 Moto phones G5S and G5S plus.

Everything was fine before android update but really fed up after android update to 8.0.WiFi drops every 10 mins and battery is draining so fast.

Note: don't say WiFi router issues because I tested with other brand mobiles it works well.

Was going through similar topics in forum but Moto agents say after update it will take some time to get stable but now it's been months but no progress yet.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 800
Message 2 of 11

Re: WiFi and battery issues after android update

Hi sumank1,

Greetings from Motorola,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Request you to let us know the troubleshooting steps have tried so far? so that we could check & resolve the reported issue accordingly. 

Also, we need a few more information on the same such as Router name & model, device build number.

1. Can you connect to another Wi-Fi network?

If you are able to connect to other networks, including public Wi-Fi networks or Mobile Hotspot, there is not a hardware problem. The issue may be with that specific network or its settings. Continue Troubleshooting to try and resolve the issue.

2. How many other devices are connected to the network?

There could be a device limit issue setting that is causing the problem. They can attempt to disconnect some of the other devices on the network and try again.

3. Are you using the phone indoors?

If you are using the phone indoors, other wireless equipment such as microwaves, Bluetooth, cordless phones, or baby monitors, that operate on the 2.4 GHz frequency may cause interference, and contribute to connection issues. Go into WiFi > Menu Image > Advanced > Wifi frequency band > Change to automatic.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Neel_G5S
Blue Screen Again
Views: 819
Message 3 of 11

Wifi connects and disconnects in MOTO G5S

In my MOTO G5S suddenly since 2-3 days my home wifi gets connected and disconnected again and again on its own. i have other smart phone which is getting connected to same wifi and doesnt faces any problem. 

I have tried.

clearing cache

safe mode

turning off wifi scanning.

nothing worked !!!.

if i keep my mobile data on then the wifi connection remains otherewise it gets disconnected all the time.

i have TP-Link router for wifi connection. 

Please look into this and help me out.

sumank1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 758
Message 4 of 11

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I tried my mobile with another WiFi then also same.

Also if I restart my phone and then connect to WiFi it is okay.

If I switch between mobile network to WiFi then facing this issue

Regards,

Suman K

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 745
Message 5 of 11

Re: Wifi connects and disconnects in MOTO G5S

@Neel_G5S wrote:

In my MOTO G5S suddenly since 2-3 days my home wifi gets connected and disconnected again and again on its own. i have other smart phone which is getting connected to same wifi and doesnt faces any problem. 

I have tried.

clearing cache

safe mode

turning off wifi scanning.

nothing worked !!!.

if i keep my mobile data on then the wifi connection remains otherewise it gets disconnected all the time.

i have TP-Link router for wifi connection. 

Please look into this and help me out.

Hi Neel_G5S,

Welcome to Forums,

Request you to check here for the TP-Link router update & let us know.

Also, request you to try these below checkpoints & let us know.

1. For Jio users, please move router AP to channel 11 or change it to 5Ghz in your device.

2. For Airtel LTE users, set your network to 3G/2G as long as connected to Wi-Fi(or move to AP 11 or 5Ghz) and monitor.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Highlighted
sumank1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 725
Message 6 of 11

Are you saying to do the 3rd point in phone?

If yes in Moto G5S plus I m not able to change it

sumank1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 666
Message 7 of 11

Still waiting for solution..

So from Moto side no issues right?

Then I m not sure why only my both Moto phones are behaving like this that to after upgrade. Before that it was working fine.

sumank1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 659
Message 8 of 11

So Moto does not have any solution for this?

If this is not related to upgrade why l'm facing this after upgrade?

That too only with G5S plus and G5S

Regards,

Suman

mtaher13
Blue Screen Again
Views: 576
Message 9 of 11

Hi Motorola Team,

This issue is definitely from Motorola as it has started after the Oreo update. Before the update also we were using the same router and same ISP with no issues.

If you feel we are giving wrong information, please Google the keyword "wifi issues Moto g5s plus Oreo update" you will know how many users are affected.

Please rectify this ASAP as it's causing a lot of problems and increasing the 4G data usage instead of WiFi.

Regards,

Mohammed Taher

Amu16
Paper Tape
Views: 534
Message 10 of 11

Hi Moto team,

I agree that the battery draining and WiFi connectivity issues have started after Andriod 8.1.0 update. I see this issue both on my G5s plus and my dad's G5s.

We are connected to WiFi on 5GHz channel as suggested. We have also tried connecting to 2G/3G on Airtel instead of 4G when on WiFi. None of this helps. Both WiFi connectivity and battery draining issues persist. Besides, I don't like being on 2G/3G- it seems like you are looking to lay the problem on Airtel when clearly the problem is with your SW update!

WiFi symbol shows connected, but I see very often that there is no connectivity.

For our usage, battery would last 2 days. But after the update, it barely makes it through 1 day.

If we don't receive fixes for this soon, we'll both move on to other non-Moto, non-Lenovo brands!

Regards,

Amu

Top Kudoed Authors